• October 21, 2017, 03:30:33 pm
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

!!

TEMAC Forum Guests

Please take the time to Register for the forum, especially if you are a TEMAC club member.

This is one of the most active RC club forums in Ontario. Please participate in the discussion to help our great club to continue to grow.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Building / Construction / Re: My new EF-1 Pogo ready to go
« Last post by thehaze on Today at 12:36:45 pm »
Where did you find a new Pogo? I thought they were long gone.

Oh PS, the NMPRA rules disqualified the pogo years ago unless you add some wing tip extensions. So without them, any race I have against you will be under protest.. :)

Trading Post / Re: 62" Super Sporster For Sale
« Last post by deltawing on Yesterday at 10:26:01 pm »
Great balsa, good price. ::)
Trading Post / Re: YMF Waco 5 Bi-Plane
« Last post by deltawing on Yesterday at 10:09:56 pm »
Excellent Bi, good looking, good condition, good price.    ::)
Trading Post / Re: 62" Super Sporster For Sale
« Last post by ppalumbo on Yesterday at 09:49:43 pm »
Hi Ken, I'm interested. I left you a voice mail with my cell number.  please give me a call at your convenience.   Thanks Peter
Trading Post / Re: YMF Waco 5 Bi-Plane
« Last post by sihinch on Yesterday at 09:22:24 pm »
Yes pls Ken
Trading Post / 62" Super Sporster For Sale
« Last post by ken c on Yesterday at 09:13:27 pm »
Comes ready to fly, needs a 3-4S lipo, great introduction into balsa models.

$120
Call Ken @ 905-470-2965
Building / Construction / My new EF-1 Pogo ready to go
« Last post by Frank v B on Yesterday at 08:52:44 pm »
Just completed my brand new Pogo EF-1 pylon racer to replace the one that drilled itself 8" into the soft earth in Orangeville 3 weeks ago.

Big change!  I have switched to 2.4 gig.  My last Pogo was on 72 meg.  It was always awkward spinning around and not poking my opponent or my caller with the TX antenna.

Ken Fluney and the boys will be shaking in their boots.  I should be able to come 3rd last in the next set of races.

Frank
Trading Post / YMF Waco 5 Bi-Plane
« Last post by ken c on Yesterday at 08:52:10 pm »
This is a great flying model in excellent condition, only 5 flights. Comes ready to fly just add your rx and 4S lipo.
Thinning the fleet, priced for quick sale $120

For quickest response phone: 905-470-2965
Email kencoleman@rogers.com
General Discussion / Re: Morning Crew application form
« Last post by Frank v B on Yesterday at 08:46:02 pm »
Here we go.  Bruce, put on your reading glasses and pop the lid on the first beer.

1 - (You can have assistance in answering this first question)
My name is…  My wife says it is and always has been, Frank J.M. van Beurden  (news to me! :D)

2 - I am currently…
(d)   other – please explain... too poor to be retired

3 - I can fly…
(e)   other – please explain  ... about one flight per plane.  That's why I have 40 planes and run the repair classes.

4 - (You are applying to join the MORNING CREW for a reason.) 
I routinely…
(d)   other – please explain ... get up at the crack of noon!

5 - I wear fashionable, colour-coordinated clothing.
(a)   yes... provided the fashion judges are from the CNIB.

6 - (Complete the following statement honestly based upon your knowledge of the morning crew) 
I get the urge to…
(a)  treat everyone to lunch once in my lifetime.  Bruce can pay for me all other times.

7 - Whenever I go to the flying field I always…
(e)   complement others on their flying skills even when the compliment is not deserved .... because they are copying my flying style.

Successful MORNING CREW applicants must adhere to the following rules

(1) When flying with wind, it is compulsory to stand apart (aphart?) from others. (Never downwind)

(2) While perfecting your off-field landings you must avoid using audible bad language  (Talking to yourself in your head is permitted)

(3) When other pilots experience serious ground/air interface incidents, it is mandatory that you maintain a suitable demeanor. Snickering is not permitted. (Only a full belly laugh is permitted when the incident warrants)

Any other questions will be promptly answered.

Frank J.M. van Beurden
General Discussion / Re: Morning Crew application form
« Last post by bweaver on Yesterday at 08:23:20 pm »
MORNING CREW MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION
The following application must be completed in its entirety, on the TEMAC Forum.  This step ensures transparency in the process of becoming a new Morning Crew member.  Your responses to the following questions/statements may be completed all at the same time, or completed separately as your time permits. NOTE: all 7 questions/statements must be completed prior to receipt of final membership approval. More than one response to a question/statement is permitted.

Please be aware, that your responses will be reviewed, accessed, discussed, and commented on as part of this new transparent membership process.

1 - (You can have assistance in answering this first question)
My name is…

2 - I am currently…
(a)   pretired
(b)   retired
(c)   just tired
(d)   other – please explain

3 - I can fly…
(a)   well
(b)   somewhat well
(c)   with assistance
(d)   only in an airplane
(e)   other – please explain

4 - (You are applying to join the MORNING CREW for a reason.) 
I routinely…
(a)   wake up before 10 a.m.
(b)   get up before noon
(c)   lie awake all night in anticipation of flying with wonderful people in the morning
(d)   other – please explain

5 - I wear fashionable, colour-coordinated clothing.
(a)   yes
(b)   no
(c)   sometimes
(d)   other – please specify

6 - (Complete the following statement honestly based upon your knowledge of the morning crew) 
I get the urge to…
(a)   treat everyone to lunch (Where your answer is YES please specify your preferred lunchtime locations)
(b)   bite my tongue and fane interest while listening to almost everything Dr John and other members say
(c)   leave Dr. John’s and other members presence when he/they start one of his/their stories
(d)   wait in my car until most of the morning crew leaves
(e)   Other – please specify

7 - Whenever I go to the flying field I always…
(a)   am respectful and play and fly nicely with others
(b)   have deferential attitudes to all morning crew members
(c)   provide an assortment of tools so that others can make ‘at field adjustments’
(d)   provide an assortment of adhesives for occasional (read ‘frequent) ‘at field mishaps’
(e)   complement others on their flying skills even when the compliment is not deserved
(f)   other – please specify

Successful MORNING CREW applicants must adhere to the following rules

(1) When flying with wind, it is compulsory to stand apart from others. (Never downwind)

(2) While perfecting your off-field landings you must avoid using audible bad language  (Talking to yourself in your head is permitted)

(3) When other pilots experience serious ground/air interface incidents, it is mandatory that you maintain a suitable demeanor. Snickering is not permitted. (Only a full belly laugh is permitted when the incident warrants)

WARNING:
Where new Morning Crew members fail to play properly with other flyers, they will be sent home to write 100 lines. Should the poor behaviour persist after the 1st warning, their propeller(s) will be removed.  Upon 2nd warning, their Moms or significant others will be informed!  You don’t want to know what happens after the 3rd warning.

We truly hope you will be a successful applicant.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10