• August 20, 2018, 08:39:44 pm
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

!!

TEMAC Forum Guests

Please take the time to Register for the forum, especially if you are a TEMAC club member.

This is one of the most active RC club forums in Ontario. Please participate in the discussion to help our great club to continue to grow.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Building / Construction / Re: Holey Laminated Warwing Batman!
« Last post by bweaver on Today at 06:48:06 pm »
No Problem. I still have lots of Vic's laminate but I will still still be in combat on the side of the "normal" wings. It will be interesting to see the results if we have 2 combats. One with laminate wings and one with normal wings. Bruce, are you going to combat with both types? As mentioned earlier, I have 3 normal warwings if anyone wants to fly one of them. If so let me know so I don't bring out all 3 if no-one wants to fly one.

@Canuke ,  I am working on a non-laminated version to fly just when you're flying.  I hope that will make you happy.

Regarding whether you should bring out more than one Warwing because you have three?  Knowing how well you do in our combat challenges, you will need more than one Warwing to fly if you want to participate in more than one heat (let alone lending one or two.)  ;D 

On the other hand Jim, I might wish to borrow one from you depending on how well I do or don't do with my non-laminated Warwing. ::)
« Last post by Canuke on Today at 06:28:34 pm »
No Problem. I still have lots of Vic's laminate but I will still still be in combat on the side of the "normal" wings. It will be interesting to see the results if we have 2 combats. One with laminate wings and one with normal wings. Bruce, are you going to combat with both types? As mentioned earlier, I have 3 normal warwings if anyone wants to fly one of them. If so let me know so I don't bring out all 3 if no-one wants to fly one.
« Last post by sihinch on Today at 05:57:00 pm »
My laminated wing breaks cover this week.... ;D
« Last post by bweaver on Today at 05:42:35 pm »
@Canuke , there is going to be more than enough non-laminated Warwings available to challenge you once or twice, because that is all it will take to take your ribbon down in shards/shreds/confetti.  Just try to avoid the unavoidable.  I know you are excited. 

Please wait until the Funfly so that I can be one of the many wishing to challenge you and others with a non-laminated Warwing....

But eventually you will cave...  @vicwhit has tons of laminate made just for you.
« Last post by Canuke on Today at 01:28:10 pm »
Bruce, your post just confirms my earlier comment. The laminated wings are too strong, when the motor mount is the weakest part of the warwing and your wing was "unscathed" after the impact it proves my point.
In combat all the wings should either be laminated (probably little or no damage when they hit) or all be unlaminated (normal?) and have them take damage when hit and perhaps crash. You know which side of the argument I like.
« Last post by bweaver on Today at 08:29:12 am »
Laminated Warwing vs non-laminated Warwing.  Which is stronger?  The challenge when I started this experiment was to improve on @vicwhit 's Warwing modifications to not only make the airframe stronger but to make the motor mount stronger as he suggested. 

Is it possible to make the motor mount on the plane too strong?  You tell me.   ??? ??? ???

The photo below shows the Warwing's motor mount was unharmed, but the motor's mount was destroyed.  This damage resulted after Vic, @Crazyflyer and I had a combat session yesterday in preparation for the upcoming funfly.  Vic took an inch of ribbon off of Glenn's Warwing. (Good try) Shortly after this Vic's plane suffered fatigue and had to bow out of the challenge.  I was able to take half of Glenn's ribbon as the battle continued.  Not be out done, Glenn continued to pursue me until the unavoidable happened.  A mid-air with some shredded blue foam and motor falling from the sky (Glenn's) and my plane coming down as well with the motor hanging by the wires.  Glenn's Warwing is recoverable.  Mine is unscathed, except for having to remove the remnants of my motor from the airframes motor mount.  I hope I have another part for the motor.  (Refer to photos below) 

General Discussion / Re: RC Track Construction
« Last post by vicwhit on Today at 08:17:54 am »
The outside portion of the track is mostly ready for use. I raked the entire outside, added some drainage channels, and fixed up the berms. Then I raked it again to remove more rocks and lumps. The surface is still too loose but will compact down, given time and some rain.
Have at it guys!
General Discussion / Re: RC Track Construction
« Last post by sihinch on Yesterday at 06:32:26 pm »
Hate to be a downer but I’ve had some comments/concerns brought to my attention about RC cars at TEMAC so I need to make a few things clear, please.....

The Board agreed to a car track providing it was a member led initiative and that it would be no risk or no nuisance to RC flying.

I love RC and I do enjoy driving RC cars. But we are a model aviation club; that is our purpose. Driving on the driveway poses a risk to parked vehicles. Driving in the pits poses a risk to models. Driving on the taxiway/runway potentially interferes with flying models.

So please, I ask everyone to abide by the following from now on relating to RC cars at TEMAC:

Track is for Members only
No car driving in the pits
No car driving on the driveway
Absolutely no cars on the runway or taxiway

Please let’s remember our motto of safety and courtesy, and also that we are a flying club.

Thanks
Simon
TEMAC Events / Re: COMING SOON - Annual Fun Fly
« Last post by Frank v B on Yesterday at 05:25:33 pm »
Had a coffee with Cadez this morning. 

We are both planning to bring out our Norsemans.  Greg bought Jack's at the auction.  If we can get one more out we can do a missing man formation.  It will be easy.  Just flying normally, mine will disappear into the bean field at the appropriate time. ;D

Hey, Mr. Wingnutz Q, it would be awesome if you can bring your big one (.60- size).... if you can attend.  Pretty please. ;)

Frank
Trading Post / 3 models - EXCELLENT flyers - for sale, cheap!
« Last post by Michael on Yesterday at 09:50:06 am »
Really good stuff for sale, …. cheap! All good flyers. I'm selling because I have too much stuff and need to make some space.
Terms: I want the deal done fast, and you pick up from me, either from Thornhill (Hwy 7 and Bathurst area) or North York (Lawrence Dufferin area).

Call me to confirm: 647-300-7646.

E-Flite UMX A-10 BL Twin EDF jet. Excellent condition! Flies great! With original box. No damage, no crashes. Only flown about a dozen times.
Retail $205 plus tax:
http://www.greathobbies.com/productinfo/?prod_id=EFLU3750
New about $200 plus tax. This one, only $100, including a used but good condition E-Flite brand 2S 800mah battery.

Hangar 9 Pulse 60 sport flyer, 70” wingspan, with all BRAND NAME components. E-Flite 50-size brushless motor, 60 amp speed control, and E-Flite digital servos. On a 6S 5000mah battery pack, this plane will take off in 10 feet, and climb to 1000 feet doing rolls the whole way. It’ll do loops, rolls, spins, and all the fancy tricks, yet when slowed down, it’ll fly like a park flyer. You’ll need a receiver and a 6-cell battery. One neatly done covering repair on the bottom of one wing. 9/10 visual condition; 12/10 flying condition. (The parts alone are a bargain - you could basically power any 60-size warbird with this system). If you want to get into big non-foam models, it won’t get cheaper than this! About $700 in cost to me, but you can get your thrills for $250.

E-Flite UMX Aero Commander. Twin-motor plane. Excellent condition! Flies great! With original box. No damage, no crashes. Only flown about a dozen times.
Retail $205 plus tax.
http://www.greathobbies.com/productinfo/?prod_id=EFLU5850
New about $200 plus tax. This one, only $100, including a used but good condition E-Flite brand 2S 800mah battery.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10