• May 25, 2018, 01:18:29 am
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

!!

TEMAC Forum Guests

Please take the time to Register for the forum, especially if you are a TEMAC club member.

This is one of the most active RC club forums in Ontario. Please participate in the discussion to help our great club to continue to grow.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Andy: re: how the pilot will reach the rudder pedals without his legs!!   8)

Rudder is over rated.  Half my planes don't have one.  Who needs legs anyways.  Hand controls.  Use your imagination.

Frank

I trust you realize that this is a very dangerous proposition!   8)

Andy
General Discussion / Re: FOUND - Gil.E's Warwing on Thur. May 24.
« Last post by Gil.E on Yesterday at 11:43:35 pm »
Hey Simon,
Is there a TEMAC pilot rehab program, where I can voluntarily relinquish my MAAC wings and enroll in flight school again?  ???
or at least have my eyes checked by a professional ?

This has been a bad evening.... If I may quote Douglas Adams:
“I've had the sort of day that would make St. Francis of Assisi kick babies.”

« Last post by Gil.E on Yesterday at 11:35:03 pm »
Thank You so much for looking out Richard!
You saved the day for me - As you have seen first hand, it wasn't going very well for me... Until I saw your message  :D

PM on its way.

Building / Construction / Re: Frank's Rainbow 2000 (.45-.55 size) build
« Last post by Frank v B on Yesterday at 11:32:07 pm »
Andy: re: how the pilot will reach the rudder pedals without his legs!!   8)

Rudder is over rated.  Half my planes don't have one.  Who needs legs anyways.  Hand controls.  Use you imagination.

Frank
Bruce,

re: your quote "Duh... Stupid me"

Yep! ;D

Frank

ps: are you trying to teach us what to do... or what not to do? ;)
 "DO AS I SAY!   NOT AS I DO!"

I failed to comply with Tip #3. Yes, the other day and today my CS Switch was left in INHIBIT mode.

Let me explain...  This morning I was challenged by Vic, Athol and Jim to fly a round of combat. Unfortunately I new that my Warwing was slightly damaged in the motor mount vicinity, due to an incident the other day, where I planted it into the South taxi way during an unsuccessful hand launch. 

I new there was damage to the front end, because as I was walking back shamefully to the assembly table the other day, I was inspecting the motor mount area noticing that the prop was broken and there was a crack identified in the foam, when I exerted some pressure in the area, to find if there was unforeseen damage.  (Anyways to my benefit at the time, my competitors couldn't observe this walk of shame, because their hand launches were successful and they were still flying. Ahhhh! #$@%%$)

Well, after discovering this front end damage, I promptly dropped the Warwing on the assembly table so that I could divert my attention to watch the combat challenge continuing to occur without my further participation. 

Anyways, that brings us back to this morning; when I received the Morning Crew's combat challenge. 

When I explained to them that my Warwing was damaged, Andy C. (commonly referred to as the Vice) kindly offered to help me repair the damage with five minute epoxy. The repairs were promptly made in just over 5 minutes (did you get that @Frank v B?).  The ribbons were attached and we were well into the challenge when unceremoniously, I was unable to pull out fast enough from a dive as my Warwing hurtled into the ground.  (By the way it looks like the farmer has planted beans.) 

While once again shamefully walking back to the assembly table, carrying with both hands the pieces of my Warwing; I was checking out the likely cause of the crash.  (If one of my hands were free, I could have been scratching my head to demonstrate to the others watching me that I was trying to determine the cause of the crash.) Why would it not pull out in time before hitting the ground?

As usually happens after a crash, my CS Switch started defaulting into ACTIVATE mode)   I visually checked the elevons and servos observing that everything appeared in tact including pushrods, control horns, linkages etc.  However as I physically inspected the elevons by flexing them, sure enough, there obviously was the cause of the crash.  One of the elevon servos, originally secured to the wing with a generous quantity of hot glue was loose in its saddle.  This loose servo would move when the servo was retracted to raise the elevon. Thus little to no movement of the elevon would occur when it was needed. Simply put, the servo would move but the elevon wouldn't.  The hot glue must have given way in the original incident occurring the other day. Duh... Stupid me.

So what did I learn? (1)  I failed to thoroughly inspect my plane after the initial crash the other day and also failed to thoroughly inspect it today before taking off for this latest challenge, and (2) I have had hot glue failures before. CS Switch issue again.

Will I learn now?  Time will tell.

« Last post by sihinch on Yesterday at 10:19:26 pm »
Hi Gill:

I found your Warwing going home from the field on Thursday evening

Bloody hell Gil, I knew you were smart but how did you get your Warwing to go home on it’s own?
General Discussion / FOUND - Gil.E's Warwing on Thur. May 24.
« Last post by Richard_RC_Guy on Yesterday at 09:37:12 pm »
Hi Gill:

I found your Warwing going home from the field on Thursday evening.

Please PM me (Richard_RC_Guy) on the TEMAC forum to make arrangements for pickup.

Heading eastward I slowed down and looked at the front yards as I passed by the houses.
Saw a blue triangle so I stopped the car and retrieved your Warwing.

It was way East of the field on the South side of Stouffville Rd in the front yard of one of the homes under a tree.
Looks like it went down through the tree branches - rudder is knocked off, wing is split, and gouges in the leading edges.

I disconnected the battery and will put it into storage mode for you. All cells were between 3.83 to 3.86 V so should be good to go when you get it back.

Regards,

Richard
General Discussion / Re: Duxford - oh Duxford
« Last post by RogMason on Yesterday at 12:16:45 pm »
Wow! Simon!
Average 420mph in a circle - makes me dizzy!!
Great video.  What happened at the end that he should shut down short of the ramp? Fuel??
General Discussion / Re: Duxford - oh Duxford
« Last post by Andy Hoffer on Yesterday at 10:45:38 am »
Yumm!!!   (Mondalez should make airplane cookies!!)

Andy
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10