• July 16, 2018, 10:23:49 am
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

!!

TEMAC Forum Guests

Please take the time to Register for the forum, especially if you are a TEMAC club member.

This is one of the most active RC club forums in Ontario. Please participate in the discussion to help our great club to continue to grow.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Flight Instruction / Re: Flight instruction this Wed. July 11
« Last post by Candu on Yesterday at 10:55:49 pm »
Hmmm... I must have missed the GPS in reading the camera spec.  Not too clear from instruction whether the camera is making use of the phone's GPS hardware or not. In any case, it's an ideal camera to capture video on board our planes, especially if we can send one up in a war wing combat mission! ;D
« Last post by Oscar on Yesterday at 10:37:18 pm »
Hi Frank, it has the GPS function.  Here is the instruction from Insta360:

1. Turn on the camera, plug it into your phone, and shoot videos or photos.
2. Open the photo or video that you want to share, tap the "share" button on top of the the screen, and select "Street View".
3. Review the shared content under PROFILE tab in Street View app.

« Last post by Candu on Yesterday at 10:24:26 pm »
Thanks for the info and quick response, Oscar. It's an impressive little camera. If it has a build-in GPS, it would be a Google Street View camera in your pocket!
General Discussion / Re: Flying Sunday afternoon, July 15
« Last post by Michael on Yesterday at 05:00:43 pm »
Great day!

Hot but light wind.

Flew my A10 but one of the wheels wasn't retracting, nor was it in the right alignment; I landed the plane gently and slowly with no serious damage.

I flew my Albatross twice, and that was beautiful.

Peter was flying lots of nice planes and did a lot of touch-n-gos with his Piper Cub. Glenn flew a giant old timer, and his big Mustang. Rob was there with his son. Chris and a couple Ryerson guys were flying as we watched. It was really nice!

Lots of flying, and at the end, a mid-air with my Northstar and Greg's Stryker. My Northstar gently glided done inverted with minor damage. Greg's plane was hit pretty badly.

I think there were about 15 people flying.

We had a couple visitors: Bill Miché (an old friend of Jack Higgins) and Ed stopped by as I was leaving.
Morning Crew / Morning Crew BBQ - Thursday July 19th
« Last post by bweaver on Yesterday at 01:08:11 pm »
Just a note to let other TEMAC Members know (besides the morning crew) that we are having a BBQ at noon on Thursday July 19th at Rogo Field. 

If you wish to attend, please let us know by replying to this post or send me a PM. 

Note, a $10 contribution to the Morning Crew BBQ Fund is appreciated.

:)

« Last post by Oscar on Yesterday at 11:04:00 am »
Hi Frank, yes.  It's done with the 360 camera called Insta360 One.  The camera comes with the editing software, Insta360 Studio.  It has Android / iOS / Mac / PC version.  The software can't compare with Photoshop Premiere Pro or Apple Final Cut, but it's sufficent to do the work.  Best of all, it's FREE.  My 360 editing are done thru Insta360 Studio PC version.

If you purchase it from Insta360 store, it's $410CDN include shipping. https://store.insta360.com/product/one
Or from GearBest for $399CDN with free shipping. https://www.gearbest.com/action-cameras/pp_931300.html

The footage is so stable because it has 6 gryos stabilization built-in.  The camera can shot upto 1.4k footage.  Footage is stored on micro-SD card.  You need to get the high-end micro-SD (UHS-1) because it's storing large data.  I bought this one from BestBuy.  https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/samsung-evo-plus-32gb-95mb-s-microsdhc-uhs-1-memory-card/10717558.aspx?

The phone works best for iphone / ipad.  For Android, you need a special adaptor (additional cost) and newer model Android phone is not compatible (for example, Samsung S9).  Note: Camera itself can run without the phone.  It's only for instant sharing to facebook or extra storage.

For accessories, I bought the bullet-time selfie stick.  Here is the footage on bullet-time.

« Last post by Candu on Yesterday at 07:58:48 am »
Wow, what an amazing video, Oscar!  Do you mind sharing more info on this video system? Is it taken with a 360-degree fish eye lens with post processing to come up with the final video?
General Discussion / Re: Flying Sunday afternoon, July 15
« Last post by Oscar on Yesterday at 02:11:57 am »
See you at the field Michael.   :)
Flight Instruction / Re: Flight Instructor Request for Sunday July 14th (AM?)
« Last post by Oscar on Yesterday at 02:11:14 am »
Unfortunately, I have to leave after 5pm.  :'(  I will be at the field at 2p. thou.  :)

Awesome! See you around 4/5?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10