PICA 1/5 vintage Bucker 133 Kit

Started by Gregor77, January 23, 2013, 02:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregor77

I have a NIB Pica 1/5 kit, open inspected, started to shake and closed the box. $300.

Ex14th

Greg, Are you sure that it is not a Bucker Yungmeister instead of a Jungmann?

One way or another, this is a rare find, and well soughted after kit, well worth the asking price and more. You scale buffs should take advantage of this vintage kit. Put a Hacker A50 upfront with 8S, it will really perform like the proto type.

A free bump for a great deal.

Alex

Gregor77

This is what it looks like...

Gregor77

Alex you are right.. Sorry, must of had some Jungmann on the mind... lol!

Ex14th

That is one of the most versatile aerobatic design even by today's standard, will fly circles (no pun intended) around some of the newer designs. A true pilot's plane.

Andy Hoffer

Greg:

What was your concern with the kit?

Andy

Gregor77

I looked at the instructions and realized I don't have an engineering degree.  Mind you. This was a few years ago.  I had never built a kit.  I think I am getting better now.  Andy. We doing some flying again?

Ex14th

Building is back in a big time, a lot of my club members are now back to building, instead of buying the run-of-the-mills arfs.

The Pica kit is basically a Dave Platt design, Dave is from Oakville, Ontario, and is known for his scale designs. He had the military designs kitted by Pica, like the Mustangs, and the YungMeister per say; the civilian areobatic designs by Carl Goldbert, the 1st kit built Extra 300, and the Ultimate bi-planes, etc, etc.
And then he kitted some personal favourits under his own name, the 30% Edge 540, P51C with the Malcom hood canopy, and also the FW190D.

Very Well engineered, and as long as you go over the plans, and the construction manual a few time to familiar with the build sequence, piece of cake.

Did I talk you into changing your mind now Greg? Glad to be of help.

Alex
Alex