Lipo's From Hobby King

Started by Polecat, September 24, 2013, 08:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polecat

Has anyone read the thread Hobby King shipping problems On RCCanda.
Well it looks like they can't ship lipo's by Swiss Air, so our cheap source has dryed up for now.
Just hope anyone hasn't placed an order or plan on ordering some lipo's.
So the only source now is the LHS.

imran13

Crap just ordered a lot of stuff :(  ::)
Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

wollins

Quote from: Polecat on September 24, 2013, 08:56:18 PM
Has anyone read the thread Hobby King shipping problems On RCCanda.
Well it looks like they can't ship lipo's by Swiss Air, so our cheap source has dryed up for now.
Just hope anyone hasn't placed an order or plan on ordering some lipo's.
So the only source now is the LHS.

Ken, could you post a link to that thread?  My last battery order from HK was made on the 20th Aug and arrived Sept 5th no problems.  I also just put through a dummy order after reading your post and there was also no problem?

Colin
|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!

imran13

Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

Gregor77

I have not had any issues with batteries?  Not sure what is going on?

Tomahawk

It seems to be orders with lipos in them are being returned to Hobby King.  Issue seems to have started part way into September.  Said to be a local issue at Customs and the package never makes it onto a plane.  I would advise not to order any lipos from them at the present time till things are sorted out.
This is happening at the International Warehouse in Hong Kong.  My understanding is if your order has no lipos,  the parcel proceeds normally through shipping.

I have a small lipo order with only 10 of the single cells for indoor planes and it is stuck in the printing queue for a week now.  I ordered them about two days before I read that RC Canada posting containing the warning. ::)

Chris

sihinch

I have received 1 lipo order that was ordered early Sept, and I have another lipo order from Mid Sept that is stuck in the print queue.

Sounds like Chris' theory could be right.

Although I read that some people are blaming the value % that Customers are declaring.  The default is 30% of order value. This apparently may be what Customs have an issue with.

Tomahawk

sihinch

thehaze

I wonder where they will be shipping them from now? The last time this happened they started using swiss post and lipos started taking the long way around the globe to arrive here. My guess is not they will be sent to an Antarctic research post first, then travel by dog sled for a while before ending up on a Japanese fishing vessel, and then lastly shipped by carrier pigeon.
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Papa

A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

Tomahawk

Quote from: thehaze on September 27, 2013, 09:44:31 PM
I wonder where they will be shipping them from now?

Maybe Simon will tell us the carrier as his has shipped.  My package is still in the print queue.
At least packages are finally trickling out and I am hoping mine will soon be one of them.

Chris

imran13

My order's been shipped too. I had made a complaint to hobbyking's customer service and got a response back from "Ken" saying:

"Ken, Sep 27 02:47 (HKT):
Hi Imran,

Thanks for contacting the HobbyKing Support Team.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this issue has caused you. Due to shipping restrictions for batteries ordered in the International warehouse, we will need you to change the shipping method from International (Registered) Air Mail 1.5kg for $23.59 to any of the following:

EMS Express to Canada (MAX 1.5kg) $41.78 (shipping difference $18.19)
Air Parcel (Canada) up to 2.0kg   $31.37 (shipping difference $7.78)

You can settle the amount $XX.XX (shipping difference of the shipping method that you will choose) for the order 2007705824 via PayPal to [email protected]

Please inform us of the transaction ID in order for us to process your order. Otherwise your order may be on hold until funds has been settled.

Thanks for emailing support.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards.
Ken
HobbyKing Support Team
Dont forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for discounts and promotions!
http://www.facebook.com/HobbyKing
www.twitter.com/hobbykinglive"

I just paid the 7.78 extra over PayPal and then went onto live chat to verify that the payment had been received and such. I got the hobbyking email this morning at 5 am saying that its been shipped.

sihinch

Just checked, mine are coming Singapore post.

imran13

My order won't track :( In the email it said wait 24 to 48 hours for the tracking number to become valid but its been about 39 hours and it's not working  :'(