Futaba trainer radio needed.

Started by Ededge2002, May 08, 2014, 09:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ededge2002

I need an older Futaba radio to use as a buddy box.  I purchased a cord as I had a Hitec Flash radio that I thought would work with my 10C.  Doing some research I found that there is a conflict with using the Hitec radio with mine on the trainer cord.  This "trouble" involves letting the smoke out of my beloved TX.  So I'm in need of an older basic Futaba radio with the 6pin din style connector pictured.  No need for the battery to be good I can solve those troubles easily.

Post up what you've got!
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Bobmic

Hi Ed,

I Have a Futaba 8UHPS with this connector that I can loan you but I am not looking to get rid of it or sell it as maybe one day I will need a 72Mhz who knows.. :)

Let me know - I can bring it with me.

Bobby

Ededge2002

Thanks for your generous offer Bobby. I think I will hold out and look for a more basic radio as all the switches and dials might intimidate my daughter more than desired.
Thanks again

Tomahawk

Quote from: Ededge2002 on May 08, 2014, 09:11:27 PM
I need an older Futaba radio to use as a buddy box.  I purchased a cord as I had a Hitec Flash radio that I thought would work with my 10C.  Doing some research I found that there is a conflict with using the Hitec radio with mine on the trainer cord.  This "trouble" involves letting the smoke out of my beloved TX.  So I'm in need of an older basic Futaba radio with the 6pin din style connector pictured.  No need for the battery to be good I can solve those troubles easily.

Post up what you've got!

Instead of looking for a Futaba radio you could purchase or borrow the Hitec one way buddy cord.  It is labeled master and slave on each end.  It is wired a little differently than the Futaba cord.  It will keep the magic smoke in your TX's.

BTW the problem is a known issue.  I have see an instructor burn one TX using a Futaba cord and two Hitecs radios.  He then proceeded to switch the master and slave radios around and then burned the second radio.

http://www.greathobbies.com/productinfo/?prod_id=HIT8310

Chris

Ededge2002

Trouble with that solution is that my TX has the mini square Futaba trainer plug. I bought the square to round din connector cable.   I figured I was good to go....

Frank v B

Ed,

Since I run a home for wayward 72 meg transmitters (I have 24 of them) I have a Conquest T4NBF you can have... if I can keep the battery.  Five finger discount*.

Happy to have it used in good health.

Frank

* it was given to me from someone's estate.
"Never trade luck for skill"

Ededge2002

Thanks Frank that is exactly what I'm looking for!  If your out today and see one of the instructors that will be out Wednesday please hand it off to them. If you plan on attending Wednesday that would be even better!
Thanks

Frank v B

Ed,

It is yours.  I am trying to be there tomorrow (Wednesday) for instruction night (I need it!) and will bring the transmitter.  Sorry I missed your phone calls.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Ededge2002

Frank just wanted to thank you for the trainer radio.  We used it today and it worked flawlessly! 

Thanks!