2013 TEMAC Indoor Funfly - Sunday evening, Dec. 29, 2013

Started by Michael, September 20, 2013, 01:23:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piker

We've been without power at home since Saturday evening (I'm at work now so I can post  :)) but the fringe benefit was that I had nothing to do on Sunday other than get my indoor planes ready.  I'm looking forward to the Great TEMAC Dome Fly of 2013!

Wingnutz

Quote from: pmackenzie on December 14, 2013, 10:57:19 AM
Anyone flying a 3D/pattern model with AS3X should be required to wear one of these, just so we know they are "cheating"  :P

(I do have the Gee Bee with AS3X - it does fly very nice  :-[)
Where do I order the hat?
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

pmackenzie

Quote from: Wingnutz on December 24, 2013, 12:18:50 PM
Quote from: pmackenzie on December 14, 2013, 10:57:19 AM
Anyone flying a 3D/pattern model with AS3X should be required to wear one of these, just so we know they are "cheating"  :P

(I do have the Gee Bee with AS3X - it does fly very nice  :-[)
Where do I order the hat?

I will try to remember to bring one with me  ;D

pmackenzie

Quote from: piker on December 24, 2013, 10:36:07 AM
We've been without power at home since Saturday evening (I'm at work now so I can post  :)) but the fringe benefit was that I had nothing to do on Sunday other than get my indoor planes ready.  I'm looking forward to the Great TEMAC Dome Fly of 2013!

Hi Rob,

Is your power back on yet? Ours died Sunday morning, came back on today.
   We don't have a fireplace, so it got pretty cool last night

Still lots of areas without power, Pape Ave for example north of the Danforth was pretty much blacked out all the way to the Leaside Bridge
  when I was on the bus this afternoon.

(Doesn't Colin live in that area?)

Has anyone checked to make sure the Golf Dome didn't deflate? :o

Pat

Michael

Quote from: pmackenzie on December 24, 2013, 03:49:15 PM

Has anyone checked to make sure the Golf Dome didn't deflate? :o

Pat

I spoke to them this morning.

Everything's fine there; the GREAT TEMAC INDOOR FUNFLY is still on schedule.

Note the time change: 6pm (not 7pm) to 10pm.

Michael

Ededge2002

Another hour to fly!  What a disappointment!  Thank goodness we have you Michael lol
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Papa

Yes Indeed, we can have him play tambourine from 6:00 until 7:00 if you wish!

Merry Christmas, I just heard some reindeer on the roof or maybe another branch has fallen.

I'm betting on reindeer ... no sawing just shoveling!

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

piker

Merry Christmas everyone!

Our power came back on as we were leaving the house yesterday for Christmas Eve dinner at my sister-in-law's place.  There were still lots of areas that we drove through that didn't have power.  I hope everyone is staying warm enough.  We were lucky as our gas fireplace kept the house comfortable.

Oh, and Colin is at Lawrence and McCowan.  I haven't heard from him lately.

ken c

wollins

Quote from: pmackenzie on December 24, 2013, 03:49:15 PM
(Doesn't Colin live in that area?)

Yeah Pat, I used to live at Woodbine and Danforth ... and I hear that area was hit pretty bad.  At my current place we were down for about a day or so ... we were lucky I guess.  I know people (my brother Derek being one of them) who STILL don't have power from since Saturday!

Colin 
|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: piker on December 25, 2013, 10:53:42 AM

Our power came back on as we were leaving the house yesterday for Christmas Eve dinner at my sister-in-law's place.  There were still lots of areas that we drove through that didn't have power.  I hope everyone is staying warm enough.  We were lucky as our gas fireplace kept the house comfortable.

Oh, and Colin is at Lawrence and McCowan.  I haven't heard from him lately.

Our power was out for three days.   It sure is nice to be able to charge batteries at home for winter flying again!

Our gas fireplace was the make or break for us too, aided by a Coleman stove on the front porch.  I have taken great pains to point out to my good spouse the transferable skills and benefits of our hobby in times of emergency.  Using 3-cell lipos to power a 12-volt cell phone car charger scored great points.  Our resourcefulness, honed on things like building, repairing and flying RC aircraft, yields great domestic endorsements for that next RC purchase !! 

Cheers!

Andy

electroflyer

Wow what a week, I was lucky, only lost power for 24 hours. However, I bought a generator. That helped big time.
   Andy, You are such a trooper, well done on surviving three days without power.
   Just wanted to say how much I am looking forward to  seeing you guys at the dome fly
   Cheers
  Glenn

JohnA

Count me in. See you all at the dome on Sunday Dec 29.

John Aurich

Ededge2002

Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

sihinch