What ARFs are you preparing for 2015?

Started by Michael, November 27, 2014, 06:22:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

Many of us are peeling glue from our fingers and cleaning balsa dust from everywhere, because we're building the old-fashion way, but there's no denying that ARFs are leading the hobby and industry.

We're going to see new scratch-built and kit-built models at the field this coming summer, but we`re also going to see some impressive Almost-Ready-to-Fly models.

Here's what I've committed to (so far  ;D ).

1. Flyzone Beaver with floats.

2. (Taft Hobby) Viper Jet (6S)

3. (Discontinued) E-Flite Beechcraft Staggerwing

4. Windrider Airbus A380 (4 ducted fans; this things has 22 wheels!  :o )
Michael

sihinch

I have too many ARFs to build, but the 4 I'd really to build (in between the scratch builds) are:

1) Freewing Eurofighter Typhoon (changed to RAF colours of course!)
2) Seagull Grob Tutor
3) RC Lander Hawker Hunter, to be done in my Grandfathers squadron colours
4) Nitroplanes Miss Dara EF1 plane

Gregor77

Well, I have the following on the bench

1) Balsa USA Eindecker 40 (Same as Gordon), wings are framed, just need to get the wing tips sanded.  Fuse is next.

2) H9 P47D-1

3) H9 BF109 (Like Glenns)

These are the main ones and I think the building might slow down for the next 16 year.  lol!

Michael

Quote from: Gregor77 on November 28, 2014, 11:10:20 AM
Well, I have the following on the bench

1) Balsa USA Eindecker 40 (Same as Gordon), wings are framed, just need to get the wing tips sanded.  Fuse is next.

2) H9 P47D-1

3) H9 BF109 (Like Glenns)

These are the main ones and I think the building might slow down for the next 16 year.  lol!

Your Eindecker is a balsa kit.

This thread is reserved for shiny, pre-built ARFs; no snobby complicated wood and glue - bits and pieces 'show-off' projects allowed!  ;D
Michael

battlestu

2 out of three isn't bad  ;D

ARFs eh..i'll build any that Santa drops off ;)
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Wingnutz

"shiny, pre-built ARFs; no snobby complicated wood and glue - bits and pieces 'show-off' projects allowed!  "(Michael)
I have a couple of these (ARFs)...but since I'm so slow finishing anything, I'm only going to commit to two.
First is a kind of command performance with a story attached.
Christmas Eve, I proposed and my now fiance Kathleen, accepted. Christmas morning, she gave me an e-Flite Super Cub with all the fixins(the one the dog tried to eat)...think I better get this one in the air this year.
Second is a Maxford Airco DH2...sound familiar? The first one won Crash of the Year in 2014 and will never make a third flight but I'm not willing to give up yet. Being thick-headed and loving the weirdness of the DH2, I have another one sitting in the basement with some thoughts about how to make it fly for more than two flights!
Now, if I can ever finish re-designing my Skywriter fuse...
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

sihinch

Congratulations Bill! On your new ARFs and Fiancé!

Michael

Michael

battlestu

"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Papa

Congratulations Bill and welcome Kathleen.
Moving forward is such a courageous action.
I wish you both every success in your new venture together.

Jack.

p.s. ARF's? Who needs ARF's when you can build?.....LOL

J.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

Frank v B

Bill,

re: your comment "Being thick-headed and loving the weirdness of the DH2"

Bill, please don't confuse "thick-headedness" with determination.  Thick-headedness is just goal-oriented determination and persistence in a world where people don't understand a man and his model airplanes.

Michael re: my Arf's- I just got back two airplanes today..... that I built about 10 years ago and gave to Fred Messacar (Bramalea, MAAC) about 5 years ago so today they are ARF's to me.  A Spirit 100" wing with a glider fuselage (per kit) and a power glider fuselage made with a fibreglass fuselage that Jack Linghorne gave me about 10 years ago (2 complete fuselages made to fit one wing).  Fred has not had the chance to get them ready so I have volunteered to do it for him and go gliding one day this year at SOGGI (Southern Ontario Glider Group) and visit TEMAC to fly the power glider version.  Stan Shaw (SOGGI, MAAC) keeps inviting us.  Will bring the planes to the next meeting.  The wing has ailerons, flaps and spoilers.

... and Bill, congrats on your next adventure in life.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

octagon

First, Congrats Bill. Good to hear.

I have a few things on the go

1. Finish the Great Planes STA (almost there, control horns/rods and install radio all that is left)
2. Windrider Hurricane, (probably as a night fighter in flat black)
3. Seagull 60 inch Skywalker 2
4. Just finished Aquila sailplane conversion
5. Durafly Vampire that I put together this afternoon.
6. Purchase more CA to put my Pitts back together after the Dome Fly.

I will be off for a couple of weeks after hernia surgery and hope to get some work done.

What could possibly go wrong?

electroflyer

Congratulations Bill!

I am currently working on Blue nose H9 Mustang. Next up will be a H9 P40b.
  Michael,  is your A380 full package or did you supply your own electronics and fans?
Glenn

Michael

Quote from: electroflyer on January 01, 2015, 09:49:58 PM

Michael,  is your A380 full package or did you supply your own electronics and fans?
Glenn

It has servos, speed controls and motor/fan units.

I bought it used, but never flown.
Michael

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Wingnutz on January 01, 2015, 08:16:57 AM
Christmas Eve, I proposed and my now fiance Kathleen, accepted. Christmas morning, she gave me an e-Flite Super Cub with all the fixins(the one the dog tried to eat)...think I better get this one in the air this year.

That's wonderful news Bill.  Kathleen clearly has superb taste on both counts.  Wishing you a sweet life and much happiness together.

Andy