What ARFs are you preparing for 2015?

Started by Michael, November 27, 2014, 06:22:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gordonbw

Not quite an ARF, but I have made a set of foam floats from Seaplane Supply, which I'm going to install on the LT40 trainer I bought from Cadez last year.  I plan to join you guys at Frenchman's Bay...

sihinch

I know Robert Pike will be very happy about that Gordon!  Good for you.  :D

piker

Yes he WILL be  ;D

It'll be great to have you out again, Gordon!

octagon

I have quite a few new planes. I am working on a 1234 HK Spitfire. I just finished a Windrider Hurricane. I used Cally graphics to finish it as a Canadian Ace called Willy McKnight's plane form 242 Squadron. I finished a Seagul Spacewalker 63 inches (looking forward to that one). I finished a HK Vampire, and next up is a Hangar 9 Denight Special. That last one is a real beauty and the kit and instructions are outstanding. Supposed to be 7 degrees next week, maybe get out on Tuesday if it is.
What could possibly go wrong?

Skyking

Hi Rob,

My HK Vampire is ready to go too!
Bandits at 2 o'clock!
Ken
Actually, I can.

Skyking

Hey Bill Q.

Whats this about a DH-2?
You had one? you have another?
Don't fly it until I'm there.
Ken
Actually, I can.

Wingnutz

Quote from: Skyking on March 07, 2015, 12:55:11 PM
Hey Bill Q.

Whats this about a DH-2?
You had one? you have another?
Don't fly it until I'm there.
Ken

Ken,
As much as I value your friendship and advice, I'm probably gonna re-maiden this one in private...if it buys the farm again, I can quietly sweep it and the story into the same garbage can the first one went into...may be a ways off...still stuck on the Skywriter...will put a pilot in....he'll help with the cg and if things go bad again, I've got someone to blame other than me!
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

sihinch

Here's an ARF that snuck in the build queue! Pilot provided by Eve & Charlie Hinchcliffe (niece and nephew!)

Oscar

Past winter, I bought 2 ARF (plus a few pre-own planes).  Since my red eagle glider is almost done, I finally able to clear my table and start building them.

Tonight, I completed my Cessna C-188.  I turned my C-188 to a Disney cartoon character, Dusty.  This is from Dynam. 59inch wingspan, 5 Channels (T/E/A/R/F), steerable tail wheel, runs on 4S 2200.  I planned to add the nav lights to make it more visible.  To be maiden this summer. (not planning to be FPV... yet). 

I also bought the Durafly Vampire (yep, another vampire).  It's still sitting in the box waiting to be build.   :)

Michael

Michael

octagon

Oscar, make sure you get a really good glue joint between the wing and fuselage. I used hot glue, but one day when I looked at it sitting in the rack, the glue joint had failed (or more probably I did not get a good joint to start with).I re-did the joints with epoxy. I also re-enforced the tail booms by inserting carbon fibre rods down them, using a piece of piano wire as a drill. On the forums, the tail booms seem to be a weak spot. Ken has one of these too. We will have to get them all up at the same time!
What could possibly go wrong?

Oscar

Thanks Rob for the advice.  I will add the cf when building this plane.  :D

Gregor77

Well I finally finished the hangar 9 bf109f-2. That took for ever.

Michael

One of the planes from post 1 in this thread; photo from Bobby.

Michael

the giant

Quote from: Gregor77 on April 25, 2015, 04:37:00 AM
Well I finally finished the hangar 9 bf109f-2. That took for ever.
See you over the skies of Africa!   ;)