Anyone planning on flying tomorrow ?

Started by Bobmic, February 01, 2013, 06:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregor77

The shoulder of stouffville side road is fine. Just have to walk in.

flying saucer

Quote from: Ededge2002 on February 18, 2013, 08:46:07 AM
I don't mind walking in but wonder how the shoulder is doing for parking there.

Ed, as I mentioned in the other thread, the shoulder is for emergency use only and cannot be used for club parking. I would hate to see anyone get ticketed or towed! Hopefully the driveway clears up for next weekend  :)

Ededge2002

Simon and myself attended TEMAC today. I shoveled the entrance of the driveway and the road in did not look too bad. (Yes I'm a little insane this is common knowledge)  having lots of off roading experience I knew it would be better if I got stuck backing down the driveway.  I backed down but was sliding off to the west side of the drive.  Getting a little stuck we made the decision that it just wasn't going to work. So with a firm push from Simon and a little run I drove out of the driveway.    As for parking on the shoulder I did not see any no parking or stopping signs. This is a regional road not a highway

We went and flew several flights at my Area51 flying site. Great sun and good times
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

sihinch

It was amazing, but 2 hours outside was enough.  The cold did creep in!

I managed to catch this photo of Ed and his crazy fast "glider" - amazed I got them both in shot, with an iPhone, on a sunny day!

Thanks Ed!

S

Ededge2002

Wow my butt looks great in that suit! 
Good times Simon!

flying saucer

I had a few flights at a local field as well. A friend brought out his trusty PZ Supercub and we lasted about an hour before retiring indoors...might look in to a tx glove for next year!

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Ededge2002 on February 18, 2013, 04:15:01 PM
Simon and myself attended TEMAC today. I shoveled the entrance of the driveway and the road in did not look too bad. (Yes I'm a little insane this is common knowledge)  having lots of off roading experience I knew it would be better if I got stuck backing down the driveway.  I backed down but was sliding off to the west side of the drive.  Getting a little stuck we made the decision that it just wasn't going to work. So with a firm push from Simon and a little run I drove out of the driveway.    As for parking on the shoulder I did not see any no parking or stopping signs. This is a regional road not a highway

We went and flew several flights at my Area51 flying site. Great sun and good times

I must have just missed you guys.  I was there from 1:30 to about 3:30.  I made the same decision after gently testing the snow on the driveway and parked my mini-van at the top of the driveway, although Thomas Kwak stopped by to visit at around 3:00, and he was able to drive right in with his 4x4 SUV with no problem.  It was a gorgeous winter day, with nice dry snow for skis!

Thanks for shovelling Ed.

Andy

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: flying saucer on February 18, 2013, 03:39:26 PM
Quote from: Ededge2002 on February 18, 2013, 08:46:07 AM
I don't mind walking in but wonder how the shoulder is doing for parking there.

Ed, as I mentioned in the other thread, the shoulder is for emergency use only and cannot be used for club parking. I would hate to see anyone get ticketed or towed! Hopefully the driveway clears up for next weekend  :)

Update on Winter Parking at TEMAC

http://temac.ca/smf/index.php/topic,3823.0.html

Andy

flying saucer

Thanks for looking into it Andy. My information came from talking with a Police officer two winters ago. Just hope everyone's on the same page with this.

Anyway hopefully we'll be able to drive on in very soon :)

flying saucer

Well today was the day! Winds were quite manageable varying between 5-15km/h, and above freezing temps made it almost toasty out :)

I squeezed in two flights while Andy had several solid flights with his Sportster. Best of all the driveway is finally accessible!

Gregor77

What.  You b@@@@t@@@rds. John and I spent all day building an original Electra cub for Sunday and you guys go out today. Lol

Bobmic

So what time you guys are planing to go tomorrow ?

Ededge2002

My plan is to show up around 11 and stay till 2 .     MIGHT bring something new to fly....  might leave it at home....

Andy Hoffer

Put the skis on your planes guys.  The snow is glazed and fast.  Lots of fun!  See you tomorrow!

Andy

Ededge2002

is it smooth or choppy Andy?  I dont mind some foot prints but if its a canadian road in spinrgtime ?