Anyone planning on flying tomorrow ?

Started by Bobmic, February 01, 2013, 06:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ededge2002

OK boys Saturday is supposed to get to +2. Who is tough enough? 
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Bobmic

I'm in, need to put skiis and setup a few things. When are you planing to go

imran1042

Saturday the winds are 20 kph and I haven't flown in a month :( but I might come. The weather is better on Sunday but me and Imran L are going skiing! :D 
Any day at the field is a good day :)

Ededge2002

My enjoyment has been cut by management. I'm not allowed to go out and play Saturday. Please don't call her bad names. She knows not what she does. Or some BS like that as she claimed "its winter get over it". What difference does that make?

Ededge2002

Andy Hoffer

Great winter flying at TEMAC today (3:00 - 4:15 pm).  Snow depth was 5.5 to 6.5 inches, and perfect texture for skis.  Winds were very light.  Temp -6C, wind chill -10C.  A few light flurries later in the afternoon.  Driveway and parking area were navigable in my minivan.  I took full advantage of the nice tracks left by someone who had been there earlier in the day.  Greatest difficulty was getting through the windrow left by the highway plow at the top of the driveway. 

Andy

piker

Sounds like fun.  I hope to get out for some float snow flying this year.  Maybe next weekend if the weather is reasonable.   :)

Gregor77

I am not sure anyone has attempted to get into the field lately.

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Gregor77 on December 18, 2013, 10:41:28 AM
I am not sure anyone has attempted to get into the field lately.

Thomas Kwak graciously blazed a nice trail into the parking area with his Toyota 4Runner yesterday and today.  The driveway is navigable with good snow tires and high ground clearance.  The ice under the snow is treacherous - lots of potential for sprained ankles so walk slowly and carefully in the pits.  Current ice cover on the assembly tables is about 2 cm, but it works fine if you brush off the snow.  Thomas and I had a great time this afternoon!  (http://temac.ca/smf/index.php/topic,4430.msg26067.html#msg26067)

Tomorrow looks like another great winter flying day.    Hope to see you there!

Andy

sihinch

battlestu

"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: sihinch on December 27, 2013, 10:58:51 PM
I plan to go for a bit!
Quote from: battlestu on December 28, 2013, 12:05:59 AM
Same here...I've built enough Lego

I can't figure it out.  Jeff and I, and later Thomas and I, looked everywhere for you guys - the trees, the bushes, the ditch, even under the assembly tables - all to no avail.  Another great winter flying day!   ;)

Andy

battlestu

But I was there earlier with Thomas.... I guess he got what he needed from Ron and Dave and came back for round two
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

sihinch

Sadly, cleaning the house and buying a new duvet cover took priority!

thehaze

Duvet covers?!!! Simon, you should really start lying more about what's keeping you from the field. Something more impressive, like saving the world, or driving bikini models around town. People are going to think you're getting soft...
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.