Anyone planning on flying tomorrow ?

Started by Bobmic, February 01, 2013, 06:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingnutz

Pretty cool Oscar,...flying, video and ...weather! Andy will no doubt be rejoicing at the cooler temperatures but seems like many members are doing what Simon did...hibernating! The forum has been pretty quiet lately!
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

octagon

Another great little movie to watch Oscar. Good job. Thanks.
What could possibly go wrong?

Andy Hoffer

Great video Oscar.  Nice choice of background music!  Love the stick view!!

Andy

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Wingnutz on November 29, 2015, 05:51:35 AM
Pretty cool Oscar,...flying, video and ...weather! Andy will no doubt be rejoicing at the cooler temperatures but seems like many members are doing what Simon did...hibernating! The forum has been pretty quiet lately!

Well I can't leave that on the table!  Charging my batteries and donning my snowpants!!  Can't wait to see who shows up! ETA high noon! :D

Snowballs

thehaze

Quote from: Oscar on November 29, 2015, 12:18:13 AM

Warning - May cause Motion sickness.  :P

Please, this was tame. You should try being a passenger in my Mom's car....  ;D
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

battlestu

more than just a few us showed up to fly with Andy today... i'm still a bit cold but it was worth it  ;D

http://youtu.be/Tx-OdVMvTHY

Bill and Greg C Thank you so much for taking video and photos!!

Greg
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

sihinch

That was absolutely fabulous. Brilliant.  It looks amazing!  ;D

Congrats Greg.

thehaze

Mint baby!!!!

Nice scale looking flight. Well done.

thehaze

Forecast for this Saturday Dec 5... 9C with winds from the SW at 10km/h

Time to take some batteries out of storage charge.

;D

sihinch

....or time to put some batteries in to storage charge! By using them.

Gregor77

I saw Eric and Ken at the field, had a chance to fly my jungmann with ski's (getting ready for the snow).  Great day, but always too short!

sihinch

I woke up and saw the blue skies this morning then read that temps might hit 17 degrees and thought "Ooo, I might fly!"

Then I heard the wind!

Gregor77

No man can fly today. 35k. It's a lie. It's more like 60-80 km. The clouds are moving faster than my Prius. Lol.

Andy Hoffer

Well, we made up for it today!  What a fantastic flying day:  8-9 degrees C, winds NW at 6-10 knots (11-18 kmh); mostly sunny, with scattered high cloud to make it interesting.  Felix, Ricky, Philip, Greg C, Stephan, Jeff, Ken C and I all enjoyed this wonderful Christmas Day treat from NavCanada.

HUGE thanks to Greg Cadez, master of the high wing loading, for his fantastic support and gentle coaching (I would even say soothing), and videography, as I re-maidened (finally!) my Pitts Special, after a 4-year hiatus, awaiting repairs.  (Much as I love Frank, his "put it in the corner and it will repair itself" technique simply wasn't working, so I had to take matters into my own hands.  ;D)

The stars finally aligned and the plane flew beautifully for all four thrilling flights.  At 6.5 pounds flying weight and a wing loading of almost 25 ounces per square foot, it is, of course, intolerant of inadequate power in the turns and on landing. (Ask me how I know this!)  This is NOT a slow flyer, and you MUST be ahead of it at all times.  Peak power loading is 135 watts per pound (Power 32, 13"x6.5" prop, fully charged 4S 5000) which made for great scale aerobatics.

Wishing you all the best for the rest of Christmas Day, and hope to see you out at the New Year's day "Fun Fly" (10 am, Jan 1).

Sincerely, Snowballs (waiting for the snow) Hoffer

electroflyer

Andy,
Greg has always been known for his "gentle touch". D'oh!