Short Kits

Started by Gregor77, August 24, 2012, 01:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregor77

What are short kits?   ???

I found a great site that has this stuff...

LDS, lazer Desgin Services...

Man!  They have lots of great kits available.. but I am not sure it will be easy to build?

Tomahawk

The kit usually contains the hard to manufacture parts.  Usually the ribs, formers out of lite ply or balsa.  Also could be prebent wire along with the vac-formed cowl, windows.  A set of plans should also be included.  If foam wings are required they will be included but you have to sheet them.

You provide mostly the sheet balsa, dowels, spars and sometimes the hardware.  The easier stuff to locate.
With this day of ARFs some of this is not easy to aquire.

This allows the manufacturer to create a cheaper product in a smaller box by not including everything needed to build the plane.

Chris

thehaze

What would you guys recommend for a first non arf build?
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

bfeist

Start with something with great instructions. Great Planes provides terrific photo instructions. I'm sure others do too. Open the box of anything you're intersted in and leaf through the instructions. I'm not sure if Carl Goldberg is still ok business but they had great documentation as well.

Ben

P.s. Now cue Rob saying that he never reads instructions.

Bigstik

What is the website?

Bigstik
Bigstik

piker

Quote from: bfeist on August 25, 2012, 12:20:06 AM

P.s. Now cue Rob saying that he never reads instructions.

As a matter of fact, BEN!,  I much prefer working from detailed instructions.  A lot less stressful when you know everything is worked out in advance  ;D

Robert