Warwing Kits - Pick-up Wednesday Evening at Build Class

Started by bweaver, September 26, 2019, 09:50:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bweaver

I wouldn't spend a lot on it.  Vic has roles of it and sells it, but he is away for the winter.  I would suggest holding out til returns.  http://temac.ca/smf/index.php/topic,5813.msg38129.html#msg38129 .

The lightening holes don't make much of a difference.  Looks cool. 

I dollar store painted mine before applying it.

Here is link to the laminated warwing I have made.  http://temac.ca/smf/index.php/topic,6695.msg43997.html#msg43997

Good luck with it.  Don't hesitate to inquire further if I can be of assistance.

GuyOReilly

Step 1 of Warwing Construction (needed a break from the Minimoa).

davidk

Quote from: GuyOReilly on December 23, 2019, 09:34:01 PM
Step 1 of Warwing Construction (needed a break from the Minimoa).

Guy,

I think the front part of your workbench is really interesting... the front angled piece.  Is there a reason for it?  How does it help?  Thanks, David

N.B. Nice Warwing.

GuyOReilly

@davidk The workbench is from a counter that needed replacement.  Instead of throwing it out, I made a workbench.  The slanted part is because the counter has an angle.  I use it to place the important stickers, including a measuring tape from Ikea.  I plan on adding a strip at he bottom to hold pens, Exacto knives, etc.

bweaver

Wonderful.  If you think you are having a break now, wait for the excitement you will get when you fly it.

PS (Don't take too much foam off by rounding the the edges. It attracts prop strikes.)   ::)

GuyOReilly

@bweaver Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!
Kindly note that I used to fly combat at the Toronto Club a few years back.... spent more time building and repairing than flying.  So I do not plan on combat again.  I love the design and the ease of construction of the Warwing. Looking forward to a maiden in the new year.  See you at the field and safe landings!

davidk

Do what I do.  Launch, fly smack into the middle of the melee... and then run away.

Here I'm thinking your bench is shaped like that to help with dihedral, or some other aerodynamic requirement... that it was painstakingly crafted to have just the right angle.  Turns out it was a counter put to good use. :)

GuyOReilly

Ready for test flight... oops.... missing a prop...
Weight is 1 pound 9 ounces.

msatin

Very nice Guy.
I''m currently working on mine - I hope it comes out as nice as yours
You never fail until you stop trying

Georgetsigaridis

Very nice build. Can I ask what receiver you are using or would recommend?

bweaver

Quote from: Georgetsigaridis on December 27, 2019, 10:41:29 AM
Very nice build. Can I ask what receiver you are using or would recommend?

I would suggest a reliably cheap one.
http://www.greathobbies.com/productinfo/?prod_id=SPMAR410

Any local hobby shop has them or likely can get you one if you wish.

Georgetsigaridis

Thanks Bruce.
Will be on the lookout for this or similar at the Kitchener swap meet.

SeeFernando

I finally maiden('d?) my warwing from last year! On Jan 1 no less, at 11:05 am!

Sad I missed ya'll, BUT since the field was empty I decided it was a good idea to maiden the warwing myself!

I channeled my inner Frank and gave it just enough... I immediately realized it was tail heavy but somehow landed without breaking anything.

Second flight was perfect, little roll trim and it was amazing!

Goes to show you if I can maiden this thing, it's a great flying plane!
-Chris

bweaver

Congratulations Chris.  It flies even better with a streamer attached and a bunch more in the sky with you.

Yes, they do fly great!  (Even if they end up missing some foam for some reason or another.) ::) ::) ::) ::)

GuyOReilly

Ready for first flight... if only this work thing would not get in the way and the weather would cooperate.