Fantastic night at TEMAC - July 11, 2012

Started by Michael, July 11, 2012, 10:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

I counted 25 cars parked at TEMAC at one point; so much was going on.

There were multiple planes in the air all evening.

Other than lots of fun training, what else happened?

Imi had his first complete solo flight; Brian flew his first ever jet; a few of us tried biplane formation flying (Greg C's idea - fun!); Ed put on a spectacular aerobatic performance with his Formosa; I flew a micro jet with takeoffs and smooth landings; Bill flew his Apprentice as if it were an aerobatic sport-pattern plane; and so much more.

What a terrific time at the club!
Michael

Ededge2002

Proud to make the cut of notables. Some great action tonight. Sad to see Jeff's pylon racer buy it but it did put on a couple of impressive flights prior to a non pilot error crash. Way to go everyone.
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

sihinch

Great times, with friends!  I really enjoyed flying with 2 students that I'd not flown with before, Lucas & Affan.

Thanks everyone.  :D

Gregor77

Flying the old Bi-Planes was fantastic... there was little wind and no incidents.   That was so much fun!  That Moth is something else!   Looks like stock is running low after seeing it in the air!  lol!

flying saucer

Wow looks like Temac Wednesday night is the place to be! Weather was ideal as well whith a cool 10k breeze for most of the night to help the student flyers.

Unfortunately I had a loss of control on my second flight resulting in a high speed crash.
Amazingly the servos, esc, rx and motor all survived. The esc has a 2amp linear bec and even though it was only driving 2 servos, seems to be the likely culprit.

Well I did manage to get a few flights in on what turned out to be a really nice flying machine!

Ed,  glad you got to see her in action, Im moving on to something else for now, if you want a crack at putting humpty back together its all yours..

thehaze

What's next Jeff?

Time for a Rifle maybe!
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

byrocat

I was third on the field and probably the first to leave.  I "rang the bell" on my first attempted take-off when I fumbled not putting in enough rudder and then froze.  Motor hit dead-on one of the steel support poles, snapped the prop adapter off of the motor and cracked two formers.

I've got an eFlite-30 that I can put in in to replace the Axi while I get it checked out and I should have everything ready for next Wednesday. I'm also picking up a buddy-box and the adapter cord is on its way from the US.

Should have everything ready to go for next week.

thehaze

Just got to get back out there Byrocat. Need to shake of the rust. Of course any of the fine members of the instruction team would be more than glad to assist you if you wish.
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Ededge2002

Quote" on my first attempted take-off when I fumbled not putting in enough rudder and then froze.  Motor hit dead-on one of the steel support poles, snapped the prop adapter off of the motor and cracked two formers."

Just lucky it didn't leave the ground!
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Michael

I have been formally contacted by a TEMAC member who was present when Bruce has his experience as described above.

There has been an expression of concern for safety.

I will speak to the other instructors as soon as I have a chance.
Michael

Michael

A few photos from Greg C, showing what a pleasant time we had, and a photo of my Tiger Moth, with which I think Greg is smitten.  ;D

Michael

bfeist

I wish I could get up there for an evening. I live in the sw end of toronto. It would be over two hours on a weekday.

Ben

flying saucer

Quote from: thehaze on July 12, 2012, 11:30:03 AM
What's next Jeff?

Time for a Rifle maybe!

Found my next model

It will definitely be a step up in terms of performance and quality  :D