general bitching thread! have something to bitch about? post it here.

Started by Ededge2002, September 28, 2012, 03:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ededge2002

So I bought a plane from a guy used.  its beautiful but ive had some stumbles along the way..  Batteries that were included were not great but whats to be expected..  Motor burnt up on 5th flight of lack luster performance..   need to replace motor(insert more $$ here).  Realize that the prop blades from the previous set up wouldnt work was a given but finding that it has a diferent sized shaft requires a different spinner and more $$ inserted.  The guy sent me a message asking if i wanted the remaining 12 pieces (6male 6female) high current bullet connectors.  as predicted i jumped at them...   ATTACHED PICTURE ARRIVED TODAY!! 
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

bfeist

You're still waaaay ahead of the price I paid for the whole system.

You're totally right to bitch though. I find that no matter what you buy used, by definition you're buying someone else's problems. I have done it many times--and I'll know at some point I'll do it again.

Ben

Ededge2002

sihinch

Quote: "I find that no matter what you buy used, by definition you're buying someone else's problems."

If anyone decides to buy my current sale items, they are new-in-box, and the problem with them is that I don't have time or impetus to build them!  ;D

The last plane I bought used was way, way rougher than the photos showed.  I felt miffed afterwards, but I should have just said "I don't want it" when I went to collect it.

Ededge2002

The plane was in great condition and the deal was good but the pains in the ass it came with have been well.. a pain in the ass!

I have had GREAT luck with other used purchases and this one is still not bad .  just frustrating when I want to FLY IT!!

sihinch

Ededge2002

lol it was fine.  i think you damaged it running around making zooming noises!

ps im famous too now!   PLUS TEMAC made the news and IM the poster boy lol!

sihinch

It wasn't your best "face" was it! Lol

I'm very proud of you, Ed! Thank you for being our Poster Boy!

Ededge2002

My wife thinks we should do a calendar!  Those firefighters ain't got nothing on this gang!  Lmao

sihinch

Gregor77

Man the one on the lower right is amazing!  That's my girl!   I wonder if she can cook a mean slovenian kranska clobasa!!

Ededge2002

Simon.... Those are possibly the ugliest girls I've ever seen!   What month did you want Greg?

rkhoo

Ededge2002

now now boys lets not point fingers but I think i see my grandmother in that photo! 

thehaze

OK here's one for you...

Drive 1.5 hours to take your EF-1 racing plane, that you've had for 2 years but never got a chance to fly on a real pylon course, to race on a course with other EF-1 pilots. Line up your plane on the runway, dumb thumb on the rudder, and whack plane destroyed, well mostly.

So my EF-1 racing experience lasted 5 seconds.  :( Sometimes this hobby makes me crazy.

But watching the other pilots race was pretty exciting. And I will be back. I just need a new fuselage, and some time to heal my wounded pride.

Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.