TEMAC is open!

Started by Michael, May 21, 2005, 06:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

Several flyers were out today, and some are returning tommorow morning, weather permitting.

The grass has been cut but the field is still rough and bumpy. There is still some work to be done, but we're getting there.

A few photos are posted on the TEMAC website:
http://www3.sympatico.ca/m.rogozinsky/temac-news.htm

Michael
Michael

Michael

Lots of activity on Sunday morning. John Kusturin built and installed another table for our use. About 10 flyers were there, flying small ARFs to large scale models and a helicopter. The wind was almost non existant, so we couls take off and land from any direction.

The field is rather bumpy, so be careful on landing and takeoff. If anyone has any suggestions, that can be followed by action, please don't be shy.

Michael
Michael

Michael

Most TEMAC flyers will be at the Oakville funfly  all day on Saturday. If weather is nice Sunday morning, I'm sure some flyers will be at TEMAC. I don't know if the grass has been cut. I'm looking into flattening the field somewhat. Any suggestions are welcome.

Michael
Michael

Michael

The field, both flight area and pitts area, will be mowed today or tommorow. Weekend flying should be comfortable. I don't know when I'll be flying, but I'll make a good effort to get out there sometime this weekend.

André was out last night training; Thanks André!

Michael
Michael

Michael

Despite a morning rain and overcast skies, there were a few flyers out at TEMAC mid-afternoon today.

The field grass and weeds have been cut very nicely. Thanks Brian!

As well, while the field is still bumpy, it's about half as bumpy as about 2 weeks ago. It's looking good.

Michael
Michael

Warthog

Michael, you keep using degrees of field roughness like "rather bumpy" and "bumpy". How about just stating the required wheel diameter required for takeoff/lamding without a nose-over (with gearbox & / or prop damage ??

;-)

Rod Clark
EMFSO/TEMAC/LSF/MAAC
Best regards,
Rod Clark
EMFSO 801
TEMAC 47
LSF 3479 (Level 1)
MAAC 69870

piker

Or how about how many aquare inches of the hull on my CL-215 that'll be ripped off on landing

Just kidding.  I'm sure it's MUCH better than it was a couple of weeks ago.  I'm looking forward to getting out, but this weekend was too busy and Wednesday I can't for sure.  Maybe next weekend.

Robert

Michael

Great day at TEMAC today. A half-dozen flyers were there, flying ultra slow models to fast Mustangs. Amazing weather.

Taking off with 2½" wheels is not much of a problem; taking off with 1½" wheels is OK if you choose a smooth field location and if you have strong power. A lot of rocks have been removed, and deep holes have been left in there places. Be careful.

This morning, I was able to take off with my Sky Arrow, with no wheels! It is a pusher plane, and skids along the grass much like Robert Pike's water bomber.

Glenn took great photos of my ultra slow Demoiselle model in flight. I'll have one up in the image gallery shortly.

I also smashed my Tiger Moth. Pilot error. It 's fixable though.

Michael
Michael

Michael

Nice time at TEMAC.

Glenn and I were there flying our planes, and André (TEMAC's chief instructor) was training Jim Connell, Mike Freeman and Alex Jarvie. Thanks André!

The pitts area had lots of weeds growing, but the take-off area (the main field) was in pretty good shape. Taking off and landing with smaller wheels is getting easier.

Michael
Michael

Michael

I have been informed that our field has been serviced; It has been gently rolled twice today, the grass, which continues to grow and fill in, has been cut both "with-the-grain" and "against the grain", the pits area has been cut, and the field is probably in the best shape it has ever been.

Weather permitting, I hope all members take advantage of our great club field. I hope to be out there Saturday afternoon, and on Sunday, perhaps mid to late morning.

Next weekend, several members, myself included, will be in Kingston for an electric funfly, so attendance at TEMAC will likely be quiet. Have a good time.

Michael
Michael

Michael

I was at TEMAC this afternoon, and there were about 6 flyers while I was there.

The field is much smoother and the grass is cut quite short. Flyers were taking-off and landing with small wheels, about 1½" to 2 inches. Essentially, our field is in the best shape it has ever been.

I hope/plan to be out later tomorrow morning.

Michael
Michael

Michael

Great time flying on Sunday.

To see a photo of Simon K's P51 Mustang, visit the TEMAC "WHAT's HAPPENING" page.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/m.rogozinsky/temac-news.htm

Michael
Michael