Anyone planning on flying tomorrow ?

Started by Bobmic, February 01, 2013, 06:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thehaze

Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Michael

Michael

Bobmic

Gregor77

What is the weather supposed to be like this weekend?  You guys know that the Aurora Swap is on and there is a show in Hamilton called Heritcon?  It's mainly plastic models, but at the war museum.  Well another busy weekend! :P

Bobmic

Gregor77

New market area.  Look at the this link for details... http://www.auroramodelaircraft.com/html/Swap.html

Oh, now you know where I get all my planes... lol!

WW1's are mine.. hands off!

>:(

thehaze

Gregor77

I am already in the line up.  Had my tent going and a Bon fire.

sihinch

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Gregor77 on March 02, 2013, 06:39:57 AM
I am already in the line up.  Had my tent going and a Bon fire.

Sure could have used Greg's bon fire at the field today!  It was very brisk.  Wind chill was -10C with NW winds at 24 kmh!!

The snow is nice and should stay that way till things warm  up later this week.  It's crusty now so I'd bet you could even use wheels.  I used skis on the front, and the tail wheel did not sink into the snow at all.  Unfortunately the driveway has been totally blocked by a wall of snow pushed in by the snow plow, so you have to park on the shoulder of Stouffville road.  Good news is the shoulder has been well plowed so there's plenty of room to park safely off to the side, and it's an easy walk in to the field because the snow was saturated before it froze and you only sink in about 1/2 to 1 inch walking down the driveway.

Andy

sihinch

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: sihinch on March 02, 2013, 06:32:46 PM
Andy, you really are crazy!  ;D

Of course!  That was one of the mandatory requirements for entering this Nooner insanity!!

Andy

thehaze

Wow, you win the "ice pilot of the year award"  today was cold.

Ededge2002

Quote from: thehaze on March 02, 2013, 07:01:54 PM
Wow, you win the "ice pilot of the year award"  today was cold.

Yep I stayed indoors and made airplane noises.
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

flying saucer

I stopped by for a couple flights late this afternoon. Lots of sun and blue sky was a very welcome change, even managed to get the rifle airborne and log my first proper flight with it (man that thing totally disappears at some angles!) :)

PS The driveway is now clear and open, but only about halfway --  which makes the trek to the field a lot shorter. Big thanks to who ever cleared the snow as it is still quite deep.