Anyone planning on flying tomorrow ?

Started by Bobmic, February 01, 2013, 06:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bfeist

If I inserted my plane there @Ededge2002 would be right next to it, knocking it out of the sky.

sihinch

I'm up for the challenge Greg!  ;)

Flew the Nemesis at the weekend but when I tried to land, it floated, and floated, and floated, and landed, then bounced, and floated some more until I broke the prop!  So that was my only flight at the weekend.  :(

battlestu

"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Ededge2002

@ bfeist I only took you out because I didn't see any of the others as a challenge. Who would have thought Simon would make the full ten laps!  I had sabotaged Glenn's plane just before the race so I had that under control.  You were the only one I needed to settle.

For the next race I'm installing roman chariot style wingtips!   
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

electroflyer

In the immortal words of Cal, "Shake n' Bake! ;)

cpaine

Looking good fellas!!
landings are a trick, thats for sure.  ;)
maac #26951

electroflyer

Sorry, due to the forecasted high west winds, and the fact that I need to keep working on the Nooner repair I'm going to pass on coming to the field this evening. Hopefully an Ef1 race will be in the cards for Sunday.
Glenn

Oscar

sihinch

I see 12-13 knots, gusting 15 for the evening.

That's 20km/h gusting 28km/h

That's pretty windy!

frajolex

Andre Albuquerque

Be careful... it's always too close, no matter how far...

octagon

Has anyone noticed how very windy it has been this spring? I bought one of those little hobbyzone champs about 2 months ago. Because  I have a soccer field across the road, I love to go out and put in 2 or 3 flights before work. I have been very aware of the wind. There has not been one day in the last 10 weeks were it was dead calm. I have been able to get in flights first thing in the morning, but the little champ is pretty blown around even then. I am anxious to get in some hours on the Apprentice, but not with 28 km crosswinds. Oh well, at least there is a hockey game on tonight!!! Saying all that, I will probably venture up to the field after work, and pray the winds drop!

What could possibly go wrong?

imran1042

It's definitely been really windy lately but flying in wind is really fun and challenging, the most i have EVER flown in is 28 gusting 35km/h with my Leader 480, its risky but that's the fun part, especially the harrier landings!  ;)   I consider anything over 25km/h challenging  ;D
Any day at the field is a good day :)

thehaze

Looks like a good one today.

Who's flying?
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: imran1042 on June 04, 2014, 04:33:45 PM
It's definitely been really windy lately but flying in wind is really fun and challenging, the most i have EVER flown in is 28 gusting 35km/h with my Leader 480, its risky but that's the fun part, especially the harrier landings!  ;)   I consider anything over 25km/h challenging  ;D

I'm with Mike on this one!  Wind is fun!!  And it keeps you nice and COOOOOL while you're waiting for winter!!  ;D

"Snowballs" Hoffer

(although I guess now that summer weather has arrived it would be "Snoballs" Hoffer). ;)

imran13

Wind is the best!! Especially hovering on the spot, while still being parallel to the ground ;D wind makes everything magical *mysterious background music*
Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.