Thank You - Rogo Mud Team!

Started by sihinch, April 07, 2012, 04:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

On behalf of myself and the board, I'd like to say a heartfelt thanks to all the volunteers who helped today.  And thank you to Jack for helping (big time) with the organising.  And thanks to my wife, Lesley, who introduced the "RC Wives" baked goods range! (Or was is Arsey Wives?)

It was hard work, and we got muddy!  The first hour was spent digging a new ditch from the standing water at the bottom of the drive, at the entrance to the field, to the existing drainage ditch.  It was amazing how quickly the water that had collected there, started to dissipate.  The work crew than started work on the existing drainage ditch, clearing away all branches, sticks, large stones and other debris, to improve the flow along the ditch.  At the end of our endeavours, water was flowing much more freely, and was much clearer (which is a good think apparently.)

As Mike said in another post, it was hard work, but it was fun.  It was great to see friends from the club who I had not seen since last year. 

Hopefully, with the drainage now improved, we can plan for the driveway improvements and rolling the field.

When you see your fellow club members who volunteered, please say thanks!  :)

Jack Higgins
Glenn Nikolaiko
Ken Ross
Gordon Braun-Woodbury
Robert Pike
Andy Hoffer
Greg Hazelton
Timmy (hope I spelt that right) Hazelton
Mike Hazelton
Bob Beck
Ed McMann

gordonbw

battlestu

feeling good.... slept like a baby thou  ;)
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"