Formosa Practice (May 19th)

Started by battlestu, May 02, 2012, 03:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

battlestu

Calling all formosa racers. Lets get together on Saturday May19th (1:00pm)
and get some practice laps in. We'll even have the pylons out that day as well!
A few members of the Oakville Milton Flying Club will drop in to watch and ask questions.

So get your planes tuned up and ready for action!
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

sihinch

battlestu

The forecast looks good..... So get your planes tuned up and your batteries charged the practice is only a couple of days away  ;D

Ededge2002

I'm ready to go. Looking forward to having some fun!
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

sihinch

I need to see if my Formosa really is slower than the Hazelton brothers....... ;D

I'm coming.

KJF31

Looks as if the Hazelton boys are getting practiced up for next weekend at Orangeville. I bet they will do a few laps with their F 1's as well.

thehaze

My recently repaired Pogo (damaged in a bad take-off caused by a bunch of dandelions.. don't ask) may make an appearance at the field today.

When you fall off the horse... you have to jump right back on.

I'm feeling good about my Formosa this year. Only racing 3 cells (600 class). 2 cells are for indoor planes  :)
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Ededge2002

Once again had a terrific day at TEMAC. Despite a two hour delay the racing was fast and tight. All planes seemed to keep the pace with just the line separating the standings. Personaly I loved the races the way they forced me to improve my ability to put the plane where I wanted it to be. A good challenge at the pace these planes fly at. Thanks to all that participated as I think a good time was had by all.
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

sihinch

I loved it.  It was my first time flying a formosa in a "racing pack."  And thanks to every one of the experienced racers with their tips on set-up; it wasn't all top secret!

I certainly need lots of practice, flying.  It's a lot harder than it looks.

Great fun!  ;D

battlestu

thanks to all ... it was great to race again (even if it was a practice race)

I think we gave the Oakville a good taste of what formosa racing is all about