Macchi M 5

Started by octagon, February 16, 2016, 06:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

octagon

The Macchi is coming along pretty well. It came as a short kit, and without any instructions, so it has been interesting figuring out how to do things on it. I worked on the motor mount today which is the plywood platform on top of the 4 aluminum tubes. I used JB  weld to anchor everything and two little levels to make sure everything was a square as I could get it.
What could possibly go wrong?

Oscar

battlestu

"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

piker

Yes!  The M5 is coming along nicely!

bweaver

Looking great Rob!  There is going to be a fleet of new seaplanes this summer.  :o

octagon

Thanks guys, much appreciate the kind words.

Wingnutz

You've inspired me to build Rob!
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

wollins

Rob that looks great!  ;D
|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!

electroflyer

Hey Rob, 
That looks terrific! how large is the aircraft? What is your plan for powering this plane?
Glenn

octagon

Progressing bit by bit. The curved lines of the fuselage have honed my covering skills. Next step is to build and install the aileron servos and the plates to allow them to be removed if necessary. The plans for the kit show a pull/pull system, but it seems a bit complicated, so I will go with servos in wings. Have to figure out how to get the servo wires inside the engine struts.

octagon

sorry about the upside down pictures. couldn't do it if I tried, but somehow it happened.

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: octagon on March 01, 2016, 07:14:47 PM
sorry about the upside down pictures. couldn't do it if I tried, but somehow it happened.

Gee! And here I thought you were demonstrating its aerobatic capabilities!  ;D

Andy

sihinch

Something must be wrong with me because they appear the right way up for me!

Looks awesome Rob!

octagon

I must say it was quite the achievement looping it in my workroom without the top wing covered!

Michael

It's looking really great!
Michael