Flight Instruction

Started by thehaze, May 21, 2013, 06:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piker

imran13

Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

imran1042

So the weather for tomorrow looks like it will be a little windy, but nothing a good pilot can't handle ;) I'll be there depending on school work and I'm bringing a little surprise for everyone that has helped us through out this process of "learning how to fly" to show my appreciation, as it is the last training day of the year. Thank you to everyone!
Any day at the field is a good day :)

thehaze

Quote from: imran1042 on September 03, 2013, 07:58:58 PM
So the weather for tomorrow looks like it will be a little windy, but nothing a good pilot can't handle ;) I'll be there depending on school work and I'm bringing a little surprise for everyone that has helped us through out this process of "learning how to fly" to show my appreciation, as it is the last training day of the year. Thank you to everyone!

You're buying us all planes!!!! Awesome, you were always my favorite student   ;)
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

thehaze

Well, this is it... the last night of instruction, and you'll have to do it without me  :'( while I toil in a computer lab.

Anyway, it's been a pleasure.

As always, charge your batteries and be ready to fly at 6pm.

Mike

imran13

Without me as well, I have no way of getting there.

Oh well I'll get some good work done on my yak and hopefully have it ready for the skills challenge ;D
Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

imran1042

Quote from: thehaze on September 04, 2013, 10:07:19 AM
Well, this is it... the last night of instruction, and you'll have to do it without me  :'( while I toil in a computer lab.

Anyway, it's been a pleasure.

As always, charge your batteries and be ready to fly at 6pm.

Mike

What?? Your not comig today :( noo

gmcnic

Well, the official instructional flying season finished tonight.  Much appreciation to Simon and Greg this evening, along with Michael and Mike for all of your support and teachings this past month.  I learn something new from you each time out!

I am looking forward to next season already and hope there may be an opportunity to fly some more this year with you before the snow flies.

Thanks a million!!
(...whatever are you going to do on Wednesday evenings now?)

And a special thank you to the Husein brothers for tonight's pizza. :)

sihinch

Tonight was great! Relaxed, low-key fun and good times with friends.

The wind was gusty and the sky was grey, both of which added some challenge to tonight. But the students did fantastically! Graham flew his Apprentice very well and showed me how to side-slip an approach! At times the Apprentice looked just like a full-size Cessna on final. And Burt flew his Mini Nexstar with panache!

Imran got a maiden on his new Carbon-Z Yak and then proceeded to give an aerobatic display to make many jealous.  Meanwhile Ilyan was telling us what planes he got for his Birthday (Happy Birthday!) making us even more jealous!

But what made the night extra special was the Husein Pizza! Thanks Guys (and Kavita!) for ruining my diet! It was worth it though.

To top it off Ed gave us a UFO show and an educational talk on mushrooms!!!!! Go figure!

Great night.  And Shana Tova!

battlestu

had a great time last night. Helped fly a mini nexstar and carbon z yak... and Thank you for the pizza :)

Greg
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

imran1042

Your welcome :) I just wish there were more people there to eat it. Good evening though :) really windy but, that's what makes it fun! The carbon z yak felt really natural, its much like the leader. I did vertical rolls, loops, rolls, low passes and a torque roll for a few seconds on the first flight!  Greg is a witness ;)
The pizza is not all, I had something else but since not many people showed up I decided to save it for the next time everyone's together ;)

Candu

Quote from: Candu on May 23, 2013, 08:04:33 PM

Here's a picture of my HK EPP FPV after it made an unscheduled landing (aka crash) in the farmer's shoe sucking muddy field - looks like damage is only "minor" :) and hopefully it should be ready to fly again next Wed.... Radio control to the model was lost for reasons unknown (yet). It did not respond to control inputs from either mine or the instructor's radio.

Remember this monster at the beginning of the flight instruction season?

As you recall from earlier posts, I rebuilt it back in June.  But only until this morning that I finally gathered enough nerves together to re-maiden it.  To my surprise, maiden went extremely well. I have to give credit to the Chief Flight Instructor and the training team for this success. Thanks guys for a great season. Here's the maiden flight video from this morning:

Maiden Rebuilt HK EPP FPV

Frank

thehaze

Congrats!

another temac success story!