TEMAC Runway Improvement Party

Started by Papa, November 09, 2008, 10:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papa

We are planning a runway improvement get together for Saturday November 15th at 9:00am until noonish. The purpose is to put down topsoil on the bare spots and level any dips or hollows. Clair Murray put down five bags of seed on the site on Wednesday. We estimate we need two wheel barrows with operators, four diggers with shovels and spades and four rakers with rakes. Needless to say extras will be most welcome to help out and relieve each other.
Please let me know if you can give an hour or two.
My e-mail is [email protected]
Let me know what you will bring by way of tools etc. Anyone who wishes to set up a coffee maker and water cooler would be most welcome. We can arrange to have lunch at Sam's or something as a fitting end to a bit of hard work that should pay off in spades next year with a much smoother field.
The long range forecast is for clear if cool weather with a nice bit of a cooling wind to keep the sweat from blinding us.
Jack Higgins(Papa).
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

bfeist

Got your email. I'm sorry, but I won't be in town that day. I'm happy to chip in for the coffee etc as a thank you to all the frozen fingers working to save my landing gear next season.

Cheers!

Benjamin Feist - EMFSO Website Developer

gordonbw

Forecast is for 20mm of rain tomorrow....

Gordon Braun-Woodbury
"How on earth do I land this thing?"