Flying Saturday July 7

Started by thehaze, July 08, 2012, 10:26:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thehaze

Despite a less than great start to the day weather wise, yesterday turned out to be a nice day from some afternoon and evening flying at TEMAC. The turnout wasn't great but I counted about 8 members at the field. Highlights included maiden flights by both Jeff and myself. Jeff flew his HK pylon racer, it was very fast on a 3s setup. I flew my new GP F-20 Tigershark edf. Had a little trouble with orientation when the model got further away from me due to the short stubby wings but I managed to get the plane under control and it flew successfully. I'll need to look at modifying the underside of the plane so it can be easier to see.
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Ededge2002

What HK pylon racer did Jeff get?  Pictures? Set up info?
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

thehaze

I believe it was one of these kits.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=14417

Not sure what his power system was. From what I recall he was running a 3s setup.

Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

flying saucer

Hey guys, well after reading a bit about this plane I really had no idea if she would fly. Most have given up trying on this model. The build is a real PITA. Among other things, you have to glue in the rear horizontal stabilizer -- and try to make it level with the wing. No manual or cg reference was included.

Surprisingly she flew fairly well, but did have some weird tendencies at times.

I was on 3 cells with a Turnigy 2836-2350kv motor and a 7X5 prop. I flew most of the flight at half throttle. Speed was already quite decent and I knew my amps would be too high at full power.

Next flight will be on a old 6X5 prop which I found laying around. I will be running both 3 and 4S!  :o

This prop seems to make really good power at a much lower amp draw...stay tuned   ;)  ;D