Adrian Page Super Cub

Started by Michael, March 07, 2015, 05:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wollins

Those graphics came out really clean and sharp ... makes the model pop!

Colin
|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!

Michael

Maidened today.

Flew great!  ;D
Michael

Michael

Here's a couple shots after the flight.

I think Bobby took some in-flight photos. Maybe they'll pop up soon.

Michael

Michael

Photos from Bobby.

Michael

pmackenzie

Very nice, but you have the pilot in the wrong seat. ;D
A Cub is usually flown solo from the back seat for CG reasons.

Michael

I was aware of that, but ...., ...

most photos of a Super Cub with one pilot seem to show him in the front seat.

(J3 Cub in the back seat.)

BTW, the pilot stays in place with small magnets so it can be removed for battery installation.

Michael

Michael

Actually, so few modelers put 2 pilots in their Cubs, I think that's what I'll do.
Michael

Adrian Page

Great job Mike! I really liked the flight shots.

Adrian

Michael

Thanks, Adrian.

It means a lot coming from the designer.

Michael

electroflyer

I believe the Super Cub pilot flew from the front seat. Given that fuel tanks were moved from the front cowl area in the J3 to the wings in the Super Cub.
  Nice flying shots Bobby!

Papa

I think you are correct.

Jack.

A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

pmackenzie

retiredVTT

Just picked up an 80" Cub kit from Adrian last week...a fathers day gift from my two grown kids, and Adrian gave my a demo of his new laser. The entire fuselage cut in about three minutes from lite-ply. Impressive.

When I asked him about splitting the wing into two halves he suggested leaving the center section attached to one wing half.

After talking to your member, David, who had split the wing in a build a while back, he gave me the reason for doing it the way Adrian mentioned. It is much easier to make the aileron/flap connections to the fuselage (receiver) if you can gain access through the top before bolting the wing on.

So, now my question. I'm looking for a source to obtain a 5/8" diameter by 30" length, carbon fibre or aluminum wing-rod and sleeve within Canada.
Any suggestions..?

thanks,
Bill

electroflyer

I built my Super Cub five or six years ago. I built a two piece wing with the center portion fixed to the cabin. I bought my brass and carbon rods from A&J Hobbies. The two piece wing with the center section mounted to one half is an interesting way of splitting the wing, I would suggest that the 30cm wing tube would not be required, instead a strong hard wood stub spar sliding  in to a reinforced box and a anti rotation pin would probably accomplish what is required

Adrian Page

That's right. You don't need fancy carbon wing tubes because the plane has functional struts.

Adrian