Starting off the season

Started by Michael, April 08, 2005, 04:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

The weather forecast has Friday, Sat and Sunday as dry. If it's not too windy, I'm planning on going to to the TEMAC field to "survey" the condition of the ground, and perhaps have a few "test" flights.

The ground will probably be soggy, so I'll bring boots.

Then I'll go and buy the new fencing to meet the new MAAC requirements.

I'm planning on going at about 11am. I'll confirm with another post on Sunday morning.

Michael
Michael

piker

11:00 what day?  Saturday?

I'd like to sneak away and check out the field too.  Let me know

Robert

Michael

Sunday.

Nothing big or expensive; probably a few parkflyers.

I'll confirm early Sunday morning.

Michael
Michael

Michael

I should be at TEMAC at about 11am. I'll be checking out the field, measuring for a new fence, and having a few test flights.

Any other member is welcome to come by and have a flight or two. Even though the season hasn't officially started, all safety rules apply.

The ground will likely be very wet. Be careful where you park and bring boots just in case.

Michael
Michael

flyboy

I'm interested in joining TEMAC this year.  When would be a good date/time to come and check-out the field and say hello?  When does the season formally start?

Michael

The season will probably start (formally) sometime in May, when the field will be dry and accessable by car. An announcement will be posted on this TEMAC message board.

I'll also post when people will be out flying so you can come and visit. You're welcome to fly a plane to try out our field, but you must have a MAAC membership/insurance.
http://www.maac.ca/

If you need help flying, TEMAC offers instruction and assistance.

We currently have 40 members paid through the 2005 calendar year. I expect a few more members will join as the weather improves.

Michael
Michael

Warthog

I'm looking forward to this season at TEMAC.

I've stocked up on 2-1/2" wheels (thanks Nick for your suggestion) in hopes of ROG takeoffs and smooth landings...maybe even touch-'n-go. With progressive field improvements I suspect I'll be able to reduce wheel diameter a bit each year.

After destroying a gearbox-motor combo late in the season I'm now concentrating on pusher trainers...a WINGO, and an EasyStar.

Hope to get my wings this year.

Rod Clark
MAAC/EMFSO/TEMAC/LSF
Best regards,
Rod Clark
EMFSO 801
TEMAC 47
LSF 3479 (Level 1)
MAAC 69870

rkhoo

It is nice to notice a warm season is comming up.

This year I have got myself a Slow-stick, an Easystar and a Cessna-182.  I wish to earn my Wing this year ;)

Michael

The Wingo, Easystar and Slowstick are excellent trainers.

I'm sure you will both get your WINGS soon (I'll help too) and enjoy many hours of flight.

Michael
Michael

Michael

It has been pointed out to me that someone (or some people) have driven towards the flying field, and have caused some damage to the field.

Please stay off the (very wet) driveway and field until an official announcement that TEMAC is open (approx early to mid May 2005).

Michael
Michael

Michael

Rain is predicted for this weekend and for next week.  Please stay off the TEMAC field for a little while more. I'm planning on installing a new fence at TEMAC during the first week of May and announcing an opening day shortly after.

Michael
Michael

Michael

Glenn Nikolaiko and I met up at TEMAC this morning. Roy Martin came by too. While some of the surrounding areas are messy and wet, the actual field is looking nice (flat and with more grass than last year). The whole area is quite wet, but that didn't stop us from getting a little flying done. Glenn flew a profile 3D foamy and his small Tangent pattern plane. I flew my Sky Arrow parkflyer and my large Diablotin. These planes flew well despite the gusty conditions. As the wind got stronger, we decided to stop.

As mentioned last time, please do not drive all the way into the field since the driveway is very wet. The long range forecast is calling for sunny, dry and warm conditions into next weekend. Hopefully the field will be dry and we can do some good flying. I will purchase and install a new fence, late one evening this week, or perhaps Saturday mid to late afternoon. If anyone can help (and wants to fly a little as well), please let me know.

Michael
Michael

piker

I'm planning to go flying on Saturday morning.  I'll bring a shovel and plan to stick around for some manual labour if possible.  I feel like digging ditches and building roads  

Michael, I have a small sledge hammer that I'll bring along too.  Great for pounding in fence posts.

I'm planning for Saturday because Sunday is Mom's day.

Robert

Michael

I'm probably going up Thursday late afternoon - early evening, Saturday mid to late afternoon and/or Sunday morning.

I will confirm on this board before I go.

Michael
Michael

Michael

I should be there by 5pm to start installing a fence, failing which I'll fly.

Michael
Michael