Andy Hoffer- your build class model choice- It flew today!!!

Started by Frank v B, September 20, 2015, 03:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Andy,

Your choice of build class subject was completed and test flown today.  It flew fine, lots of power and did about 6 circuits of the field. 

Please sign up for the "intermediate" build class and build your own.  It took me 3 hours to build so you should have yours done after about 10 build classes. ;D
Remember, this is what you judged to be the intermediate level build class. ;D

There were at least 6 witnesses to the flight (Mike and Greg, Simon, Glenn, Gordon, BJ).  Oh, yes, it has landing gear and took off under its own power.

Greg H. took the photos and hopefully will post them soon.

Over to you, Andy. :D

your best flying buddy Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

thehaze

To say it flew was an understatement! That plane soared!!!!Everyone will want, no need, to have one for next season.

Perhaps a new racing class? "The Hoffer"
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: thehaze on September 20, 2015, 06:55:19 PM
To say it flew was an understatement! That plane soared!!!!Everyone will want, no need, to have one for next season.

Perhaps a new racing class? "The Hoffer"

I knew you guys would eventually see the light!  Now if I can just warm you up to the joys of winter flying and the cardiovascular high that comes from trudging in from the highway!!  (After all, it's forecast to be a warm winter!)  ;D

Andy

Frank v B

Andy,

In the spirit of Andy-ness (Hoffer-ness?), one person at the field even asked if one build class could be devoted to converting it to skis.  That "W"-thing again.  I don't do white stuff!!!  You're on your own. ;D

Frank

battlestu

it was very impressive ... be ready Andy i here the build class will be intense ;)
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on September 20, 2015, 08:14:23 PM
Andy,

In the spirit of Andy-ness (Hoffer-ness?), one person at the field even asked if one build class could be devoted to converting it to skis.  That "W"-thing again.  I don't do white stuff!!!  You're on your own. ;D

Frank

Piece of cake!! All you need is the right stuff!!  ...................  And a little inspiration from a master builder!  8)

Andy

Frank v B

Yes Andy, I did the antenna stomp trick again for the take-off.  It worked beautifully! 8)

Frank

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: battlestu on September 20, 2015, 09:19:51 PM
it was very impressive ... be ready Andy i here the build class will be intense ;)

FANTASTIC! So elegant and so simple.  Proof positive that you don't have to waste a whole winter in a cave building stuff when you can be out flying!!  (And Frank looks really great in the shadows!)  8)

Andy

gordonbw

Even better was that Frank's plane placed 5th in the pylon racing final.  Go Guillow!