May Long Weekend Float Flying at Frenchman's Bay!

Started by piker, May 17, 2016, 03:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bweaver

I don't have a problem with postponing it do to the lack of participants.  Have a great holiday weekend.  See you at the Beeton float fly.

eric

Gerry Steckling e-mailed me to say he will attend as well. I'm not sure if I can make it or not.

Eric

Michael

Michael

piker

Well, it may be a small group, but it'll be a dedicated and enthusiastic group of float flyers this time.   ;D

Let's go for it!!  It's be to perfect of an evening to waste.

Float Flying it ON tonight at Frenchman's Bay... at 5:00 pm

See you guys there!!!

bweaver

Great, I'll be out now that it is firm.  The Savoia Marchette is not able to make it (burnt out motor) but my Icon and I will be out.

electroflyer

Wingnutz

DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

eric

Ken Coleman's coming out to maiden his lovely Navigator. I can't make it as I'm selling my cottage and am awaiting the results from this afternoon's inspection. Have fun!

Eric

Wingnutz

DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Oscar

What a great evening. Thank you Rob for organizing this event. And thank you for retrieving my plane.

piker

Yes!  It turned out to be a fantastic evening of float flying!  We arrived at 5:00 and few non-stop until 9:00  Most of the time there were 5 planes in the air, sometimes 6!

We ended up with quite a good turn out.  Let's see... there was...  Me, Bruce, Rob D., Ken C., Ken R., Colin, Oscar, Gerry, Bill, Glenn... (I think that's everyone)... and a few spectators.

Thanks for come out everyone.  You guys make it a fun evening!

Oh, and my new boat worked well.  It even tried to sail off on it's own at the end of the evening.   :)

And the sunset was SPECTACULAR!!!

bweaver

You are right Rob, flying isn't the only thing that makes this hobby fun.  Thanks for organizing the float fly Rob and for investing in a new boat that I am sure all of us will get the benefit out of sooner or later.  ;D

eric

Anyone take pictures of the float fly? I was really sorry that I had to miss it.

Eric

Oscar

I managed to capture Rob's new boat getting 'rescue' after 'sail off on its own'.   ;D

https://youtu.be/MVcP5CKWCpI