FunFly this weekend

Started by Bob Byrnes, August 22, 2011, 10:05:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Byrnes

Hello All:
I am having no luck logging onto the temac site and was wondering if I could still register to fly at the temac Funfly this weekend?
Thank You..

Ededge2002

Also interested in pre registration.
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Bob Byrnes

I got on the temac site just now and sent an E-mail to Michael. I hope I am still able to register and fly. I have been keen to get to the TEMAC field and will come up as a spectator if I can't fly. I hope there is good weather and you chaps have a great event.

Papa

No problem. I'll consider you both as having pre-registered.

jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

Bob Byrnes

Thank You Jack. Is this Jack from AJ's Hobbies? I will try to drag Eric Dizenbach along too. He and I were going to Goderich to fly his turbine this weekend, but, the tragic situation there moves model airplane events way down the list of priorities. I hope to see you this weekend.
Best Regards
Bob.

Papa

No it's Jack Higgins from TEMAC TICKLER Fame.
A motto to live by:

pogo

Can I register too?-  I'd love to come up for one day of the weekend and see you guys.
  Tom

Papa

Of course Tom, but you have to bring your latest and greatest. I promise much better weather than last year.

Jack.
A motto to live by:

Bob Byrnes

OK!!, Thanks to you Mr. Higgins. I have enjoyed receiving the Ticklers, since they are good at keeping you abreast of happenings at the field. I look forward to the weekend and to joining up with POGO. He is mostly to blame for my conversion to electric, particularly for the EDF segment which I have enjoyed a lot.
Best Regards
Bob Byrnes

pogo

Terrific Jack- thanks! My latest build ended it's life as a burning pile of fiberglass (much to my chagrin) http://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=111730&highlight=BANSHEE&page=4   
        (POST#38)
I have, though, just acquired an ARF that's pretty cool, I think you'll all like it (hint: think of quite a few more than 1 propeller).
  Tom

Papa

Can't wait. I've pencilled you in for both days.

Jack.
A motto to live by:

Ededge2002

Every one ready for the funfly?   
If anyone needs power I will be bringing a generator and will have 110 and 12 available.
Planes are already loaded. 
Edward

Ededge2002

had a great day that was unfortunatly "cut" short by an accident..  radio fell forward advancing the throttle to full and i tried to block the plane with my foot..  just a reminder people these thing as we know are dangerous.  had I worn proper shoes I would have had a better chance against the 11X5.5APC-E.  Seven stitches is a good reminder for me..

thehaze

Ouch! Too bad that had to happen.

It was a great day of flying though. So many airplanes, and lots of fun. The formosa racing was my personal highlight followed closely by watching the me109 shoot down a spitfire.

Thanks to Jack and all the other TEMAC members who put on a really great fun fly.
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Michael

BIG thanks to Jack Higgins for all the work put into our funfly, easily our most successful to date.

Michael