FunFly this weekend

Started by Bob Byrnes, August 22, 2011, 10:05:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

Here, here!  Great days.  Thanks to Jack, Michael and all helpers.

Jeff, the (name I gave to the little painted) Spitfire pilot who got shot down had confidence issues this morning and crashed on take-off!

Here is a screen capture taken from my key-cam yesterday!

Thanks to TEMAC!

sihinch

Another couple of pictures from my aerial key cam - can you see yourself?

sihinch

Last shot from the air, from me.........

pogo

Just wanted to thank all you TEMAC guys (and especially Jack) for a great day yesterday- I really enjoyed it.  :) ;)
  Tom

Ededge2002

Had a great time at the funfly!  heck if I had to get the stitches to attend I would probibly go through wih it!! 

fun, great people, well organized and even good weather!  what more could we have asked for?

Thanks TEMAC!

now i need to make 10-15 copys of the award i recieved saturday so i can put one in every room!
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Frank v B

This weekend's funfly was terrific.. both days. Thanks to Michael and Jack.  The food was great. 
Thanks to the Gregs and the Shims for helping me find the Leader 480 hatch and Simon for the absolutely accurate GPS guidance to the spot.  Note- E-flite hatches are a problem.  I have had them blow off my Pogo (on maiden) , Beaver, Leader 480  and Taylorcraft 450.  The magnets are not strong enough.  I put a strip of tape on the POGO, Beaver and Taylorcraft.  I will screw down the leading edge of the Leader 480 hatch. Lesson learned.
Ken Wilton will probably say the hatch didn't blow off, the hatch rejected the airplane.  hah!

Frank van Beurden
"Never trade luck for skill"

Kenvention2

Good People, Good Fun, Good hospitality, Good breeze :)

Great Day

Ken

electroflyer

Thanks to Jack and Michael and all the volounteers!

It was a great event!!

Glenn ;)

Papa

Thank you all for the kind words. When you see a volunteer say something nice to them. They made it all work. Organizing an event like this for such a great group of friends is a pleasure.

Don't forget we are having a Mini Fun Fly for EDF's on Sunday the 4th.

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

flying saucer

Thanks to all who put on this great event (my first Temac funfly), it was also special treat to see the rifle zipping around at 140mph+  :o

Ededge2002

although the funfly was teriffic i did find a couple things it was missing.....
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

flying saucer

Jeez if we had that we wouldn't get any flying done, and if you crash - you probably wouldnt even care.

Papa

Yeh! I bet he took his eye of his model to look at the other two models and see what happened. Could you imagine how much you would find of your rifle you if you took your eye of it for a second????

jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

Bob Byrnes

I would like to add my Thanks for a terrific day of flying. TEMAC is a wonderful host.