Lipo's From Hobby King

Started by Polecat, September 24, 2013, 08:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wollins

This is what they should have done from the get go. Wonder how many customers they lost in the meantime?
Colin
http://youtu.be/r6fysdrZ6Xc
|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!

sihinch

Got my 6S 4000mAh lipo from HK today, via Fedex. No additional charges on shipping, for customs or brokerage.

dangaras

So it costs $10 more to ship a LiPo.. Big deal guys. It still costs less to to buy batteries from hobbyking than locally. Unfortunately you can now only buy 2 batteries instead of 3 for the same price as a local battery..

Wingnutz

Fedex delivered my HK lipo order today. No extra charge but it took a long time!
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

imran13

Simon, Bill,

When did you guys' orders get shipped out?
Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

sihinch

I ordered just after their notices regarding the customs issue.

I have 2 other lipo orders that were ordered at the end of Sept, at the time the customs/postage issue was going on.

One says it has shipped and has given me a tracking number but that doesn't work.

The second has not yet shipped yet, but I got an email about it being upgraded to another shipping method.

Ededge2002

I suspect once things settle down it will be fedex plus the brokerage fees.  It will still be cheaper than the big name brands at the local shop for mid grade performance. 
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Tomahawk

It looks as if Hobby King is catching up and getting past this little shipping hic-cup.  A big white Fedex truck delivered my lipos and other rc items today.  I placed my order back Sept 18 and it basically sat in the print queue for almost a month.  I decide to wait till they sorted out the shipping problems.
All of a sudden I received an email from the Hobby Checker on Oct 15th and my package was out the door on the 16th.  As promised, Hobby King upgraded my shipping to Fedex at no cost and then the order really started to move.  It left China at 2:30 pm on the 17th and arrived at my door at 1:15 pm on the 18th.  That was less than 24 hours with Fedex. ;D
If you know Fedex tracking, every couple hours you could see your package move across the world.

There was no brokerage or HST at the door but I may still receive it in the mail.  I will update if I do.
So don't fear your lipo packages are shipping now (as long as you didn't cancel you order) and travelling on those Fedex rocket planes.

I will say, I did received a very large box full of air.  I think all the packaging weighed more than the actual contents I ordered.

Kind of wished I had ordered more lipos at the time.

Working on my next HK order.

A satisfied Hobby King customer!

Chris

Tomahawk

Quote from: sihinch on October 18, 2013, 02:57:03 PM

One says it has shipped and has given me a tracking number but that doesn't work.

Hobby King first posted a 8 digit number for tracking and that didn't work for me either.  When my package entered the Fedex system, my tracking number changed to a 12 digit number and that work for the short time Fedex had my package.

Chris

dangaras

Same here, lipos in FedEx's hands now. if they are faster then the $10 will be worth it.

Tomahawk

I have heard on the other thread that some are being dinged for a $10 dollar brokerage fee and HST.  Not sure how we escaped it.
Happy with the way it turned out and I am not going to poke the sleeping bear to find out why!

Chris

pmackenzie

Quote from: Tomahawk on October 19, 2013, 01:41:46 PM
I have heard on the other thread that some are being dinged for a $10 dollar brokerage fee and HST.  Not sure how we escaped it.
Happy with the way it turned out and I am not going to poke the sleeping bear to find out why!

Chris

You will get a bill in the mail for the brokerage and taxes.
Still a way better deal than UPS IIRC.

Good news out of this would be if HK have made a deal on rates with Fedex. Judging by the video they do enough volume to have a bit of clout.
Digikey for example only charges $8 shipping for overnight service from the US, way below regular rates.

Pat MacKenzie

Tomahawk

Quote from: pmackenzie on October 19, 2013, 10:53:41 PM
Quote from: Tomahawk on October 19, 2013, 01:41:46 PM

Chris

You will get a bill in the mail for the brokerage and taxes.
Still a way better deal than UPS IIRC.

Good news out of this would be if HK have made a deal on rates with Fedex. Judging by the video they do enough volume to have a bit of clout.
Digikey for example only charges $8 shipping for overnight service from the US, way below regular rates.

Pat MacKenzie

Time will tell if I receive a bill in the mail.
So far, the only ones I have read about being billed for brokerage and HST was at the time of delivery of the package at the door.

Chris

Tomahawk

Well, the Fedex Bill came in the mail today. Just over two weeks after delivery to the door.

Chris

sihinch

Me too! $14!!!!

Daylight robbery.

So I know of SN Hobbies in BC and Rotorquest in Downsview, for good cheap lipos.

Any other suggestions?