Lost and not found- Landing Gear

Started by thehaze, September 08, 2014, 11:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thehaze

This is a long shot, but if anyone is out in the beans on the south west corner of the field and comes across a set of landing gear with white wheel pants on them. Let me know. They are from my Sundowner and I could use them in my post collision repair. Hangar 9 doesn't make the model anymore and parts are hard to come by.

A cold pop to whoever finds them... 

Mike
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

electroflyer

Graham and myself were combing the beanfield yesterday hoping to find the key pieces, your landing gear and my servo and pilot. All we found was orange crap!.....lol

Glenn

thehaze

I went for a look today. The beans are really thick right now. I'm hoping that when the cooler weather hits and the beans dry up it will be easier to see them. Not sure if the servo will be any good by then though.

piker

I'm looking for a red hatch, from my Sparrow Hawk, which should be about 50 feet directly south of the centreline of the runway... if anyone happens to come across it   :)

sihinch

I'm looking for a green and yellow hatch from my P-51. Camouflage, I know!
Should be off the north east corner of the field towards the road.

bweaver

Mike, I didn't find them.  BUT Someone else did.  They were sitting on the top of the frequency board this morning when the morning crew arrived.  I took them knowing you were looking for them.  I have placed a photo below for your reference. 

(I took them home with me, because things I have forgotten at the field never seem to get back to me, except once.)

Give me a call, Bruce

(Anyone from the BOD can give you my phone number to make arrangements to get them back to you.)

thehaze

Bruce thanks for hanging on to them for me. I'll send you a private message and we will sort out when I can pick them up.

Ededge2002

I would like to offer $5 for the landing gear.  I need them for my new racer.

oh yea race planes don't have landing gear I don't need them after all!
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?