Do we need a support group?

Started by wollins, September 04, 2012, 03:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wollins

For this addiction?????? Here I was going to buy a replacement prop for my Decathlon and what do I do?  I end up dropping $80 on "assorted" props ... and at last count I already own EIGHTY FOUR. :o I need help ... and I need help BAD.  ;)

Ok gotta run ... looking for a "small warmup plane" to buy in time for Beeton. Anyone got one?  ;D

Colin
|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!

thehaze

That's quite the collection.  :o

You might need help, but you're talking to the wrong people. We're enablers..
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Ededge2002

I was curious about F5B planes and was reading around....  Now there is one at my house! 
We could support each other but I'm not talking to ANYONE about a damn CURE!
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Eric Adventurer

Cure what ?!  :o
You just need more storage Colin.  ::)
I recommend peg boards on all your walls....Home depot has them... and then you can buy props.... in more colors and call them decoration... and then you can get some lights... track lights are good... Home depot has them too...Just make sure they are far enough because the heat can damage the props... and... damn..... my wife is calling me to help with the kids ... again ;-) ..... yes honey???

wollins

Quote from: Ededge2002 on September 04, 2012, 08:30:16 PM
Now there is one at my house!

Excellent!  Well, today the ESC for my F5B/F5D "hybrid" arrived after being in transit for 46 days! Anyway, better late than never ... FINALLY I can get my Swist's replacement up and going ... just in time for Beeton!  It's been a awhile since I flew something really fast.  (My last attempt didn't go so well as you might recall ... been a rough year!)

Colin
|
|
|

Skyking

I don't know.... Saying you are powerless over RC airplanes is such a double entendre.
It may not be PROPer!

Ken
Actually, I can.

Gregor77

Where is that filed?  It looks like South Dakota?  lol!

wollins

That was our Kingston FunFly.  This was a really dry summer!
|
|
|

bfeist

That video makes me sad every time I see it.

What's your replacement plane? Which ESC / motor etc?

wollins

Its a plane thats been around for a long time and under many different names.  Apparently diferent vendors renamed it as their own or something like that.  HobbyKing now carries it under the name of "Reverb".  However since I've known about it for a long time and one of its names was the "Wasp", that's what I'm calling mine.   ;D

Power system is the one transferred over from the Swist ... Mega 16/40/2CE, Sunrise ICE 100A esc and strarting with 4s moving up to 5s as things progress. Its no "Swist" but it should do nicely for now.  ;) 

Colin
|
|
|

flying saucer

Very cool, I've been eyeing the Reverb for awhile now, should scream on 5S!

wollins

Just one of its many other names ... The Mini Hawk ;)

Colin
|
|
|

Ededge2002

The addiction continues!

I have a new recommendation for everyone at TEMAC that might help!

There has been just too much going on and too much cool stuff since ive joined TEMAC.  Ive already jumped with both feet into my NEXT years plane budget and my wife has pointed out that each new plane is getting MORE EXPENSIVE!!

Could this be the cure that we all need?

wollins

Tell me about it!  Since buying that jet from you I bought ANOTHER jet.  :)  (got too jealous of the jet boys at TEMAC) But hey our addiction all pales in comparison to Greg's. (not our past presi ... the current VP  ;) )  It seems like everytime I log in he's buying another plane! LOL!  ;D

Colin
|
|
|

Ededge2002

I killed the motor in my F5B....  I think it might have been "sick" but I finished it off....  now in looking at a NEU replacement...  where do I sell my kidney again?

by the way nice Colin!