Lipo's From Hobby King

Started by Polecat, September 24, 2013, 08:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ededge2002

Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

imran13

Where do you get all this stuff  ???  ??? LOL
Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

bweaver

When I have tracked my order which was shipped early in September from HK, Singapore post tracking indicated that it was transferred to the airline on September 10th.  Subsequent tracking has failed to indicate that the order has gone any further.  For twenty days it has been up in the air (no pun intended).  I am still waiting for the order to arrive in Canada, let alone get to my home.

wollins

Got this from them today:

RE: Battery Shipping from International Warehouse

Please notice, we have recently been informed by some of our shipping partners that they will no longer be able to ship orders containing lithium based batteries on behalf of HobbyKing from our International Warehouse. As a result, orders placed between 23 September 2013 and 2 October 2013 may have been affected and returned to the International Warehouse.

The shipping options that this will affect are EMS, Singpost, Registered Mail, Air Parcel and China Post.

If your order has been affected, HobbyKing will be upgrading your chosen freight option at no extra cost to you to ensure that you receive your order in a timely fashion.

As a long term solution, HobbyKing will be implementing new shipping suppliers in the following days. Alternatively, we would recommend that you place battery orders through any of our regional warehouses, all of whom have an excellent range of lithium based batteries.

Please note: This will NOT affect orders placed after 2 October 2013.

We at HobbyKing thank you for your continued support and custom and appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.

Thankfully,
Anthony Hand
President
HobbyKing
|
|
|

Three things are certain ... Death, Taxes and CRASHIN'!

sihinch

imran13

I placed my order on September 16th but I upgraded my shipping option because I was asking on live chat what I should do. It shipped on Saturday

Any ideas?
Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

sihinch

imran13

imran13

Seems like my order's been returned to hobbyking

"Becky, Oct 03 16:36 (HKT):
Hi Imran ,

Thanks for contacting the HobbyKing Support Team.

I personally apologize for the inconvenience. Due to an unforeseen circumstance, some orders that was shipped with batteries will be returning to our warehouse and it seems your order is one of the few that were affected. I have checked order 2007705824 for you and it seems that order has not returned to our Warehouse. I will request a followup for you regarding this case so we can get an update on the status of your request.

Thanks for emailing support.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards.
Becky
HobbyKing Support Team

Dont forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for discounts and promotions!
http://www.facebook.com/HobbyKing
www.twitter.com/hobbykinglive"

I hope to at least get this order before December for our indoor fun fly

thehaze

I've been there before Imran. It's a real hassle. Hobby King likes to live on the edge in terms of adhering to customs and shipping rules. While this gives us cheap batteries. Every once and a while this type of thing happens.

I've learned long ago not to count on prompt delivery. Especially with LiPo's so my usual approach is to order one large batch in the dead of winter, that way I won't worry if they take an extra few weeks.

Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Tomahawk

After receiving that email from Hobby King I did a test order to see what has changed.  I didn't purchase any.  I only threw some lipos in the cart and proceeded through the steps but stopped before I was redirected to Paypal.
Interesting to note.  There is only one shipping method available to us now with lipos. 
Fedex Priority.  Three weight options.

999 Grams  -- $24.09
1999 Grams -- $30.47
2999 Grams -- $35.25

I wonder if we will be dinged at this end for brokerage fees too.

There was also a warning note under the cart at the beginning that many of the shipping options listed were not available to ship lipos.

Yes, I am still sitting in the print queue. Two weeks now.

Chris

bfeist

Oh well, the hobby king party lipo is over then. Time to go back to supporting our local hobby shops. There's no way I would go with FedEx.

Tomahawk

Quote from: bfeist on October 05, 2013, 11:21:59 PM
Oh well, the hobby king party lipo is over then. Time to go back to supporting our local hobby shops. There's no way I would go with FedEx.

Over on RC Canada someone has ordered lipos through the Fedex option.  I am waiting to see the outcome.  It will depend if there are any additional costs before I would order any more.  If not, I could see waiting and make bigger orders or groups orders.
Actually in the past, it didn't take many lipos to add the shipping costs up into the $15 area for the International register option.

Simon, where are your lipos now?

Chris

Polecat

I would expect that FedEx will charge a brokerage fee, to clear the shipment through Canadian Customs, we will be charged 13% taxes on the brokerage fee plus 13% on the value of the shipment. I had a couple of shipments from the US that was shipped by FedEx a few years ago and this happen to me, never again. Its just outrageous!!!

imran1042

I use towerhobbies.com instead of hobbyking now. There shipping is fast and cheap and there are no brokerage fees or taxes applied at the border. They ship from Chicago using USPS. Compared to hobby stores or horizon hobby they are fairly cheap. I bought a great planes tiger shark (receiver ready)  for $150 and when i asked my local hobby shop they said $300. Shipping was only $20. They have many batteries, connectors, motor, adapter etc.. I bought membership to there website and i get $10 off shipping and i just received a whole bunch of coupons giving me 20% or 10% off.  Shipping took almost 2 weeks. They also have a easy pay plan for many products where u can pay for the product in increments over 3 months, which i did use.
Any day at the field is a good day :)