New Product - Parkzone Mosquito 49"

Started by sihinch, October 17, 2013, 12:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ededge2002

Yes I want one just because of that big a$$ machine gun!  I think the company that contracted that was Rogo International.
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Michael

Quote from: sihinch on October 20, 2013, 02:23:10 PM
Now I need a foam Rancour! I do hope PZ will come out with one!

No, no, no .... !

Get the E-Flite Rancour; it has much better panel lines.

(I really apologize. I know that was not nice. I couldn't help myself. Now Jack is going to call me and give me a stern talking to.)

Michael

sihinch

The panel lines may be better on E Flite Michael but at what cost? What cost, I ask you??

Papa

Now you have gone and spoiled it and in honour of Robert Pike I'm going with DeHaviland's carrier version of the Rancour. They called it the DeHavilland Acrimony. It was finished clinker style in Honduran mahogany with all brass fittings. The wheels doubled as life rafts and could be jettisoned in case of ditching.

Jack. 
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

Gregor77

I think that I am going to get one also... But the ME110 came out at HK last week.  That is also on the list of "to haves"...

dangaras

Quote from: sihinch on October 20, 2013, 04:46:53 PM
The panel lines may be better on E Flite Michael but at what cost? What cost, I ask you??
The Freewing Acrimony would come with panel lines, rivets, retracts, gold leaf trim and it would only cry if it crashed into a PZ version.

Papa

Very true Andre but remember the Acrimony has to be decorated with shamrocks in honour if it's designer.

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

dangaras

OK, gotta contact Callie for some graphics.....

gordonbw

Rumor has it that this will be HK's next offering...

------------------------------------------------------
HUMBLEY-PUDGE GALLIPOLI HEAVYISH BOMBER

Lewis gun blazing, flour bags cascading down, the pachydermic Gallipoli terrorized practice target ranges across the empire from 1933 to 1939. Four Varley "Panjandrum" motors screwed her up to a cruising altitude several feet over the legal minimum of the day. Relatively few were built, but more than enough Gallipolis were delivered to the R.A.F., which handed them over to the Royal Indian Air Force, which handed them over to the Royal Malayan Air Force, which promptly found itself plagued by wholesale desertions of its flying personnel. The Gallipoli's moment of glory came and, lightning like, vanished during the surprise Japanese invasion of Singapore in early 1942. Hordes of troops swarmed toward the R.A.F. aerodrome; out went the call, "Warm up the Gallipolis!" And, indeed, 36 of the breed might have risen to meet the foe had not their special boarding ladders turned up missing. The sobriquet Sitting Duck has clung to the Gallipoli ever since an unjust cut in view of this perfectly harmless old war horse's clearly worthwhile intentions. The last survivor serves today as a chicken house- albeit an impressive one- for the Maharani of Gunjipor. It crash-landed on her lawn in 1944, but the R.A.F., despite numerous reminders, simply keeps forgetting to come round and pick it up.

pmackenzie

That is not the ugliest British aircraft, not by a long shot.
They may have designed some of the best looking aircraft (Spit, Mosquito,Tempest, Seafury) but also many of the worst looking.
As proof I give you the Fairey Gannet, looks like a direct descendant of the Gallipoli (fanciful or not :))

Ededge2002

That Gannet looks ideal for F3P Pat!  its got funny looking things on the tail a contra prop assembly and a nice big fat fuse!  Its PERFECT...
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

pmackenzie

;D
Funny you should mention that. It reminded me that when I was over in Germany for the F3P we stopped in Spyers at the technical museum.
There in all its glory on display was a Gannet. Looked even odder in person, big lump of a thing, far too inelegant to fly.

Here is the picture Xavier took that rainy day back in February