FPV 250 Quads

Started by sihinch, January 18, 2015, 09:22:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fearless

Awesome I'll see what i can come up with once mine get here. 

sihinch

I finally got round to looking in my Quad box. That was scary! At least with an aeroplane you know where a wing goes! The box was full of screws, rubber balls and random plastic plates! I shut the lid again!

After searching google images and a bunch of other forums and quad blogs I managed to start piecing together how it was assembled.

So I took a deep breath and started to build last night. After 2 hours I had a frame with motors on it! This morning I connected the ESCs and flight controller so I just had programming and set-up to do.

With the help of YouTube and 30mins tonight I had a Quad that was ready to test. I rushed on to our back deck just before dark and successfully completed my first hover!

It was a fun build and it all went together really well. And seriously only took me 5-6 hours. Now I just need to tidy the wiring and add the FPV gear!

Pod racing here we come!

tuck

Hi Simon
Is your Quad airborne yet?

sihinch

Yeah! It flies great - much better than the little quads I've flown. But the limitation is the pilot! Infact I crashed it today!

battlestu

just saw this on horizons web page:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/mach-25-fpv-racer-blh8980

but at $430 I'll need to start saving my pennies :)
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

sihinch

Looks s****y, I like it.  But very pricey and only a 25mW transmitter.

Wonder if they may do an "ARF" or "PnP basic" version?

Crazyflyer

I just saw the working prototype in Toledo yesterday. Also spoke to one of the developers of this unit.
It actually look a lot better than the the picture. They are using aluminum arms, carbon fiber body and got castle creations to create a single ESC that will handle all 4 motors.
One of the very interesting aspects is that the CG is towards the back rather than the typical central CG most people use. He was saying that they feel they can stop faster and have better straight runs because of that. Something I will have to try with my quad!