Sad news; our friend has passed away.

Started by Michael, September 23, 2015, 08:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

Mary appreciates the privacy. Please continue to give her the privacy she needs.
There will be a celebration of Jack's life next Friday at the funeral home. Details will be posted in the Toronto star tomorrow. I will keep everyone updated.

Take care everyone.

Michael
Michael

dangaras

I second the renaming of the nooner racing series to Jack Higgins racing series.

Kenvention2

Sad news indeed and huge loss to all of us.  Our Condolences to Mary and to the TEMAC family from myself and your friends at the Bramalea Radio Control Flyers.

Ken Wilton

Bobmic

We will miss you Jack,
This is quite a shock, my condolences to the family.
I'm sure you'll be watching us from above.

Bobby

Gil.E

I only joined TEMAC last summer but in this short time Jack was ever present and involved in everything to do with TEMAC, from student nights, club events, forum talk, and the frequent Ticklers that were the face and heart beats of the club. TEMAC will not be the same without him. My condolences to his family and friends.
"I'm just saying that hobbies are important to the man, whether you're risking your life or flying little planes from a safe distance" - Gloria Pritchett (Sofia Vergara), Modern Family Season 1, Episode 3.

sihinch

Details of Jack's funeral.

Jerrett Funeral Home, 660 Kennedy Road, Scarborough, on Friday, October 2, 2015, at 2 p.m.

In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to St. Michael's Hospital.

http://www.stmichaelsfoundation.com/ways-to-give/donate.html

Bigstik

Really sad to hear the news. Living in Guelph, I'm out of the loop and was not aware that he required surgery. He will be missed for sure. Condolences to his family.
Bigstik

Gerald Danen

Jack was a friend, mentor and truly an inspirational man.  He will be sorely missed but never forgotten.  He kept us all in line as a Papa does.

Rest in peace Jack, see you on the other side one day.

Gerald
"Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance."

Frank v B

Mary Higgins called me this morning to follow up on, and double check, some instructions* Jack had left with her just before he went in for the operation.  Mary sounded a lot better than what I was expecting considering the speed of last week's events.  I was the wreck!  I told her we were all shocked and saddened by the news.

I will be at the funeral home visitation at 2 pm Friday.  Have taken the afternoon off.
Fred Messacar (MAAC, Bramalea RC Flyers) called me and wants to attend the Friday event so I am meeting him at the door at 2 pm.

Frank

* I told Jack on Friday night , two days before he went to the hospital, that if Mary had any problems with the house while he was in the hospital she was to call me first.  Jack told Mary "if a tap leaks or a screw comes loose in the house, call Frank".  She was just double checking that I was aware of these instructions.  Absolutely!
"Never trade luck for skill"

BJROB

Hey Frank
That's awesome you have made your self available.
should you need any help with a project I don't mind to help
I mean I'm not holding the nail while you swing the hammer.... :o
but I could help with some C of G....
I'm sure that any one here would not mind to help out as well.

BJ.
My Work??? is so secret....
I Don't even Know what I'm Doing!!!

Higgins

To all the very fine fellows of TEMAC,

I want you to know how dearly my father, your "Papa", delighted in your friendship and comeraderie. You filled his days with laughter and light-heartedness. My earliest memories of my dad include a half-built balsa wood model of a gas-powered, radio-controlled model aircraft that he never got to finish or fly. That was 47 years ago and it travelled with us from his first apartment in Canada, in North York, to his home in Scarborough and was with us for many years - a dream unfulfilled while the cares of life and family interposed.

I was with him when he once again took up his dream and started building and flying (and crashing) planes. Some of his more inauspicious maiden flights were attempted from the fields surrounding my home in Nestleton. The TEMAC group provided him a forum of like-minded enthusiasts who helped him greatly perfect his skills in buildig and flying model aircraft.

But you all gave him so much more.

Andy just shared a bunch of photos of dad at Rogo field and Colonel Mustard's with me and I wept to see the expressions of sheer joy, of mischief and amusement, that were captured in every one.

In his basement workshop I counted no less than 20 aircraft, some built and some being built, others being repaired (of course) and that warmed my heart to see so much unfinished business because that tells me that he went into his surgery last week entirely confident of and looking forward to a future of many more years of laughter, fun and flying with his friends at TEMAC.

Think of that and be comforted when the pain of his loss becomes keen in your hearts. Your Papa loved you and you gave him the very great gift of your friendship.

Thank you all for that.
Carl Higgins.

sihinch

Carl

Thank you so much for taking the time to come and write to us.

Your Dad was such a tremendous person and a true driving force at TEMAC. But most of all he was a true friend.

I cannot imagine how you must feel right now.  You and your family have our most sincere sympathy and support.

We miss Jack. But we will continue to keep the fun and his spirit alive in our club. I know it's what he would have wanted.

He truly set the direction and fed the soul of our club.

Sincerely,
Simon

adyg

Brian and I are deeply saddened by the news. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Skyking

I'm not able to get off work >:( .

My thoughts will be with you guys and Jack's family.
Actually, I can.

Coro-Boy

My deepest condolences to his family, speechless and shocked by this news.

Mirv