Flight Report: HET F20

Started by flying saucer, September 26, 2012, 11:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flying saucer

I have 4 or 5 flights now on my HET F20 Tigershark. Maiden flight was a bit hairy as I had a bad Spektrum brownout that I narrowly recovered from. I later found out that the satellite rx which I installed was not active, so I had to rebind everything, this time with the satellite connected!  :-[

This one is definitely no speed demon, probably only pulling 50amps continuous or so, but it does fly nicely. It's more of an aerobatic plane, although landings are still rather hot. I'm waiting for a new 35C battery from the king so it may perk up a bit more  ;)

Ededge2002

Glad to hear you saved it!  Can't wait to see it fly. Congrats
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

thehaze

Quote from: flying saucer on September 26, 2012, 11:31:48 PM
I have 4 or 5 flights now on my HET F20 Tigershark. Maiden flight was a bit hairy as I had a bad Spektrum brownout that I narrowly recovered from. I later found out that the satellite rx which I installed was not active, so I had to rebind everything, this time with the satellite connected!  :-[

What Rx were you using? Was it working during your pre-flight checks?

Glad to hear that you were able to land it safely, I've always liked the look of the F5/ F20 fighters. They look so aggressive and fast. Maybe I'll get another one day.

Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

flying saucer

Flight video from yesterday:

Hand launches are tricky, even from our resident expert with a 20km/h headwind! :o

HET F20 Tigershark CS 10 Blade Fan

Gregor77

Why is it, that if you scroll to the end of the video, we can see your rear end?  But it won't play it.. that was the best part!  (Commentary).

Ededge2002

Looks good but sounds even better!
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

flying saucer

I bought the plane hoping for 120mph+, when my new 35C lipo comes in, I might try high timing on the ESC and see if that does the trick...  ;D