Bramal-E-fly '14: LAST SATURDAY!

Started by Frank v B, May 13, 2014, 05:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

This year's Bramal-E-Fly has been confirmed for Saturday, July 19.  The e-flying will be all day.  I usually get there by 7:30 am for those poor people who have to be at work a little later (Tony?), but flying is officially from 9 am to 4 pm.

LOCATION: The Sesqui Park Field is located at the northeast corner of Bramalea Road and Countryside.  It is now easiest to get there by going north on the 410 to the Mayfield Road cut-off (east), go about 2 km east to Bramalea Road, turn right (south).  As soon as you see the baseball diamonds on the left-hand side, turn left onto the gravel road and follow it around to the flying area.  We are on the north-east corner of the sports field.

Two huge changes since last year: 1) someone plunked a fully operational Walmart at the corner of Bramalea and Mayfield (poof!!!) so your family can go shopping and 2) the ice storm was the equivalent of pushing the auto-prune button.  The tops of the trees in the valley directly ahead of the flight stones were lopped off.  Drew (pres.), Tony and Ken take full credit for this as proof that they are an effective club management team. :D 

Take note: THERE IS NO LANDING FEE BUT WE ARE SELLING THE HOT DOGS ($1.50) AND COLD DRINKS ($1.00) because last year many spectators and family members wanted to share in the lunch.  We will have Kosher dogs for Michael and friends.

For those who have to work during the morning (Michael?), we will keep the field open later.  Just let me know during the day and I will arrange it.

Jack Higgins is in charge of the weather again.  His record has been perfect since he was given the task.

There will be draw prizes again this year.

Frank van Beurden
"Never trade luck for skill"

piker

Lookin' forward to it Frank!  I think I've missed the last two years!  Last year I was triple booked that day.

Kenvention2

We are looking forwards to having a great day of E flying at our field and I hope to see many of you on the Saturday.

Ken

Frank v B

For those people who only have limited time or limited transportation (motorbike, bike) I will have planes ready to fly/crash* for you. 

If Andy Hoffer is one of them, I will have a foamy and red paint available to fill the huge hole in his hanger caused by the loss of Dago Red. 8)

Frank

* just in case you think I am nuts, crashing airplanes is like the plague.  For every one I lose, I buy/make 7 more.  Make my day! ;D

the giant

I am finally going to get to an e-fly this year, barring something unexpected!  A family wedding kept me away from Kingston.  Looking forward to seeing all my friends.  Yes, the Henschel 129 will be there and flying. 
Andre

Tomahawk

Quote from: Frank v B on May 13, 2014, 05:45:39 PM

Take note: THERE IS NO LANDING FEE BUT WE ARE SELLING THE HOT DOGS ($1.50) AND COLD DRINKS ($1.00) because last year many spectators and family members wanted to share in the lunch.  We will have Kosher dogs for Michael and friends.

Hey Frank,  you might want to correct your MAAC event listing as it lists an event entry fee of $10.

http://www.maac.ca/events/event_details.php?eid=4565&adm=yes

Or there is a $10 fee for each person at the gate and the pilots have the $10 returned to them?

Chris

Frank v B

re: your MAAC event listing as it lists an event entry fee of $10.

There is no landing fee and I am in charge of the gate! ;D
Thanks for pointing out the error.

Be there! :D

Frank

ps: for directions the Bramalea RC field check the website at  brcfi.ca

sihinch

Not happy with the weather forecast for tomorrow, right now!

Tomahawk

Quote from: sihinch on July 18, 2014, 01:22:46 PM
Not happy with the weather forecast for tomorrow, right now!

I think there is a lot of fun fly event organizers across Southern Ontario not happy with Saturday's forecast.  Most don't have a rain date.

Chris

Papa

Stop worrying, I;m in charge and it doesn't rain on me.

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

Frank v B

Yeh, Jack has been in charge of the weather for 4 years now and has not let us down.
I am sure he will bring his umbrella and white cane (after his eye surgery).

There will be a sundance performed Saturday at 9 am. :D

Frank

sihinch

Great fun today. Some wonderful models, fab flying and wonderful hospitality. Thanks Bramal-E

I really enjoyed spending some time with Andre getting to know him better, and of course seeing the Sea Fury that Rob is looking after for me!

the giant

We got a lot of flying done before a little rain came at lunch time.  Thanks Bramalea for a good day. 

flying IT

sounds like i missed a good time.  I got stuck at work. 

Tomahawk

Good to hear the rain held off for you guys. 
In my neck of the woods it started raining at 6 am, rained all day till about 11 pm.

Chris