2013-26 TEMAC Tickler, First Mini Fun Fly of 2013

Started by Papa, May 02, 2013, 08:14:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papa

A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

Eric Adventurer

Hello Jack,
Can we fly our none fossilized planes as well on Sunday afternoon?  ;)
Eric  ;D

Papa

Of course, I forgot you had missed all the previous fun fly's.

We fly the themed planes for a few hours and then revert to normal club flying.

Jack.
A motto to live by:

Eric Adventurer

I didn't miss all the previous fun fly's, Jack!
Just causing some harmless trouble.

Papa

Right, that goes in my little black book.

Just keep looking over your shoulder.

Jack.
A motto to live by:

Skyking

Actually, I can.

Papa

That's were you try to dislocate your arm tossing big foamies at the sky.

Jack.
A motto to live by:

Papa

A motto to live by:

thehaze

Wait?

So I can't fly anything until 3:00pm on what looks like a really nice day?

If there are a small number of participants for this event surely it would be acceptable that I get to fly when there are no old timers in the air? Right?

Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Papa

Obviously, I'll play it by ear.

If there is this much whining and selfishness
then I may have to consider cancelling the
Mini Fun Fly concept. Easier for me.

Jack

A motto to live by:

sihinch

I think it's fair for people to want to make plans.  I myself would want to consider if it is worth the drive up to the field, if I would not get to fly much.

But the Old Timer fun fly was requested by some members last year, and we agreed to give it a try.

I think it would be safe to say we can have 2 or 3 aircraft in the air at the same time, to help things move at an exciting and enjoyable pace (this was something that a few people mentioned last year, and it worked well at the warbirds and jets days in 2012.)

Bobmic

I guess if there is a large number of participants than we'll have to wait but it will be good to know in advance - can we get the schedule of the fun fly, also can we fly before the event?

As a side note on future Fun Fly's will it be possible to have some kind of a priority or encouragement to fly the theme of the day but still allow other planes?
For example on Jet day can pushers and other faster planes fly as well ?

Just a thought - don't shoot me if you don't agree :)

...I was counting on this weekend to re-setup everything... 

Thank you
Bobby

sihinch

Bobby, Ed,

In short, No!  You can't get a schedule of the fun fly in advance.  We don't know who's coming! And we're not about to allocate specific slots to specific pilots at one of our themed fun flies.

These are fun flies, not competitions.  We don't require registration - they are relaxed days to fly with friends, with a theme as the focal point.

These themed days are meant to be fun, and the favourite themes were voted on by you, the membership.  This was not one of the top 5 themes, but it did have multiple requests.

If you have fast pusher jets - bring them to the jest day.  If you have aircraft that have seen military service in some part of the world at any time, bring it to warbirds day.

We're an inclusive club!  And we want people to have fun.  But sometimes we need to be courteous to the interests of others, that may not match with our own.

Plus, we're only talking about a few hours here, on Sunday.  I'd be surprised if it goes longer than 12-2pm.  People have all day Saturday, and before the event and then again later on the Sunday afternoon until dusk.

gordonbw

I LIKE oldtimers!  I am definitely looking forward to flying mine in company with others on Sunday.  Keep the mini funflys going, Jack!

Michael

Everybody calm down.

My guess is this specific funfly will not last more than about an hour, hour and a half at most.

We can fly before, eat hotdogs during, and fly after.

I can think of worse things to do.

Michael