Anyone planning on flying tomorrow ?

Started by Bobmic, February 01, 2013, 06:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobmic

I will also be there and will bring a couple of planes

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Ededge2002 on February 23, 2013, 11:08:44 PM
is it smooth or choppy Andy?  I dont mind some foot prints but if its a canadian road in spinrgtime ?

Except for a small heap of snow (which is almost invisible under an overcast sky!) on the runway side of the second pilot station, I'd say the field is relatively smooth.  There are footprints, but skis or a fuselage can easily traverse the runway.

Driveway was easily navigable for both Jeff's car and my minivan.  Last week's rain has compacted the snow.  A bit icy in spots, but OK if you take it slowly.

Andy

Gregor77

John and I finish the cub last night at 5.  It was a fun build and ready for a flight today. This should have gone under craziest maidens. The second it lifted a white plane on a dark sky it disappeared. Lol. Plus it was the three channel converted to 4. So it did not react normal at all.  Ended up just flying it with rudder and landed what I could see.  Lol.  We will be there. 

Ededge2002

All charged up and ready to go. What time is everyone else going?
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

thehaze

Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Andy Hoffer

Wow!  Another great winter flying day (if a bit blustery at times, snowy and overcast), and a great turnout (Ed, Greg & Mike H, Fabiano, Greg C, Fabiano, Simon and myself).  The driveway is open and passable, making access decent for winter flying, and the fresh snow on the field has made the runway ideal for skis!

Of particular note, Fabiano flew a stealth (white) F-16, and Greg H flew a stealth glider, both of which did amazing disappearing acts against the white sky.  These guys are truly gutsy and an inspiration to us all!!    And our good president distributed some of the newly arrived Nooner kits to those in attendance.  Thanks so much for coordinating this Simon, and to Ed for his excellent build thread. 

Cheers!

Andy Hoffer

Ededge2002

You missed it Andy but I flew my new hot little pylon racer the Pyro in the snow. Was so fast and difficult to see I only had 30 seconds on my full throttle timer after the flight!!  Took me half an hour to calm down.  Hopefully someone else that was there can describe its maiden flight it was s blur to me

thehaze

I took a photo of Ed's Pyro maiden see attached.

It was awesome!!!

Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

sihinch

I think you should be the official club photographer Mike!

Ededge2002

Actually Simon that is exactly as I remember it!  The ability of his photo to show the speed AND visibility conditions is amazing! 

flying saucer

Wow, can't believe all you guys were out. Me and Ronny showed up late (Thomas popped by to say hello as well), but stayed until 6! . It was still light out, in fact my last flight was at 5:45. By around 5pm the weather really cleared up with very light winds and even some blue sky peeking through.

We may come out tomorrow in the afternoon as well, as it seems tomorrow might be the only nice day for awhile  :)

Gregor77

Tonight looks ok?  I heard that the remainder of the week will not be too pleasent.  If I can get my motor mount fixed, I will head over with some skii's and a big blue and yellow plane.. lol!

flying saucer

Well what a day!!

Winds were a very rare dead calm all afternoon making take-offs and landings possible in any direction. Thomas demonstrated impressive flying skill with his T28 and Supercub, and brought out an 8ft makeshift runway that worked a treat.  I managed 2 ROG snow take-offs with the panther, but it needed 150ft to rotate with the big 6S 4000mah pack  :o

Bobmic

The video is not too good due to the poor visibility and constant snow but yet again it was worth the effort.

http://youtu.be/htcs20-rhzw

Ededge2002

I watched and waited Bobby. Then I saw your caption at the end!  A little disappointment that it didn't catch one pass but that was the longest 2:30 seconds of motor run time my eyes, nerves and fingers have ever experienced.  Flew great thank goodness!
As for the rest of the video AMAZING JOB!  Good footage well framed and equally well composed. Hats off!