No Response!

Started by Bigstik, November 23, 2013, 01:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigstik

DX6i Tx
2 Spektrum AR6300 Rx
1 E-flite 10 a esc
1 CC TBird 9 esc
Finishing my E-flite Cessna 150. Beautifull plane. Have all the bits in, all connected, ready to go! BUT wait! After binding none of the servos work. Motor runs fine but no up/dwn, left/right.

Rebind, but the same thing. Motor, but no servos.

Try another Rx, bind. Same thing, motor no servos.

Try different esc, same thing motor, no servos.

I've checked the Tx, but can't find anything that may allow motor but no servos.

Anyone have any ideas. The only thing left to try is my DX8
Bigstik

Papa

have you reversed the servo plugs at the Rx. I did and was tearing my hair out until I noticed what I had done.
If you have extensions check the connectors for the same problem.

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

Bigstik

The connectors for the AR6300 are quite unique and small. Have checked all connections. The only thing I haven't checked is is the motor running the right way. Don't see that if motor running the wrong way would prevent servos working, but one can never tell.

I'll check everything over again.

Bigstik
Bigstik

sihinch

Not related to your question Al but I have that plane and flew it for the first time this summer. I love it - great flyer and great fun. Handles quite some wind too!

Good luck solving the response issue.

Wingnutz

Are you using Spektrum servos which can be purchased with the AR6300?
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

sihinch

I am, yes. No problems with mine.

Tomahawk

Something tells me Allan is not using Spektrum Servos.

Those AR6300 rx's with the white sockets are wired differently than the normal S+- servo pattern.
If you are using Spek servos there should be no problem. HK servos are wired using the normal wire pattern and you have to switch the wires around in the plug on the servo or make up adapters.
You just have to love it when companies do this trying to make sure you have to buy only their product. If I remember correctly you have to swap the signal and negative wires.

My latest beef are those all in one white connectors (both balance and connect the battery to the esc through the same plug) that E-Flight have been adding to their smaller helis and planes.  You then can only use their charger and only their batteries. That connector is the first thing that I snip off and replace on the aircraft.

Chris

Bigstik

#4 was using two Turnigy servosa and two E-flite. Have now tried two Fut 3114 and they work with the proper adapter. My conclusion is.......the servos. All I need now is another adapter for nanolite Rx.

Bigstik
Bigstik

pmackenzie

If the plugs fit you can probably pull the wires out and relocate them to the correct positions.
Usually a matter of using a pin or the tip of an X-acto to pry up or press down on whatever is holding the connector in place.

Pat MacKenzie

Bigstik

Have replaced the two ailerom servos, e-flite DS35's, with Futaba 3114's. Success! I'm still surprised that the E-flites and the Turnigys seem to be incompatible with the Nanolite AR6300 Rx.

So far so good!

Bigstik

Bigstik

Wingnutz

Glad you solved it...the world of micro/nano connectors and receivers can be a bit bewildering! :o
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Bigstik

Many thanks to those that responded. I'm sure that somewhere in the world, the word TEMAC means..... 'the best'.

Thanks again,

Bigstik
Bigstik