Favorite 4 battery charger from HK or otherwize

Started by Eric Adventurer, July 30, 2012, 01:15:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Adventurer

Hi all,
I absolutely need to get a quad charger or a few chargers because I am wasting way to much time doing that fun task. ;-)
Been eying a few from HK including this one: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__10327__HobbyKing_Quattro_4x6S_Lithium_Polymer_Multi_Charger_.html
Any recommendations would be much appreciated.
Cheers
Eric H.

sihinch

Save your money and get a parallel charge board.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=24230

I charge up to 6 batteries in about an hour, providing your existing charger and power supply has the "umph." 

For example, if you have 6 amps coming out, and are charging 6 batteries, 1 amp would go in to each battery.

The batteries have to be the same "S" rating and the same capacity, e.g. 3S 2200mAh.

Eric Adventurer

Thank you Simon,
That's a great idea.
Unfortunately most of my batteries are different: 3S 1500 1800 2200 2250 3200 - 4S 2800 3200 3300
So I guess I need to standardize
I will do that, but in the mean time I need to find interim solution.

sihinch

I'm not sure a quad charger will charge 4 x different size batteries at once, Eric.....

Ededge2002

Hitec makes a 4ch independent charger that can do any configuration and balance too!  I belive there is a HK one too but time you pay shipping and time the hitec one looks quite attractive. I'm considering buying the 2X200W one they sell to be able to charge bigger packs faster.
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

flying saucer

Quote from: Ededge2002 on July 30, 2012, 08:25:54 PM
Hitec makes a 4ch independent charger that can do any configuration and balance too!  I belive there is a HK one too but time you pay shipping and time the hitec one looks quite attractive. I'm considering buying the 2X200W one they sell to be able to charge bigger packs faster.

Yes, the turnigy one can charge 4 different batteries at the same time, Eric (the other one) has it and brought it out to the field awhile back.

The only problem is you are limited to just 50watts per port.

bfeist

I considered getting a quad charger but settled on getting three 150w - 350w independent chargers instead especially given the 5-8c charge rates most new packs can handle. Also, buying several packs from hk and charging the night before is very helpful. Glenn barely charges at the field at all.

Ben

Eric Adventurer