sihinch

What an awesome day!

Casual, fun & friendly!

Thanks Bill & Jack! And Dr John.

electroflyer

Wow,
  What a great day at TEMAC!
  Racing and warbirds!
  Thanks to the organizers and to all the participants!!

Glenn

Ededge2002

Im still disappointed in myself that I ran into the back of Greg's plane.   I think the ME109 turned me into a scoundrel!  I was having just too much fun dogging him around the sky. 

Another fun day at the field.  Good to see all the smiling faces and some nice flying by young and old.

As for the Nooner races...  I was putting it all out there today.  Pulled all the stops and flew like a mad man in the qualifiers then struggled to finish the race in the Final.   Look over your shoulder Frank you have the target on your back now buddy!

Glen this is for you.
http://youtu.be/eEPwDIGWYug   
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

battlestu

no worries Ed she'll be ready for next event  ;D

here are few shots from today's BoB event
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

sihinch

Can't believe I managed to crash the Lancaster twice in the same day!

Ededge2002

Quote from: sihinch on September 15, 2013, 11:10:33 PM
Can't believe I managed to crash the Lancaster twice in the same day!

Look at the photo above!!  You had your own Lanc repair team!!  had we tried I bet you could have crashed it a third time! 

I always remember the one that used to be on the lakeshore and seeing yours in the air brings back the memory of that one for me.
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

piker

The one on the Lakeshore is the same one that ended up at the Toronto Aerospace museum, that they were in the process of refurbishing before they got kicked out of Downsview.  It was always so interesting to speak with Alex Gray, the older gentleman who would hang around the museum and chat about his times flying the Lanc on the night raids on Berlin.

BTW, most you newer guys won't know about the times that we arranged to have the Hamilton Lancaster, B25, Beech 18, Stearman PT17, and Harvard, fly over our little electric fun fly's from 2004 to 2006.  It was so cool.  In fact, those of us who camped the night, were wakened by the sound of the Steerman one morning, then the Harvard another morning, ROARING down the runway at 7:30am.  It was awesome!

sihinch

Shucks, you Guys!  What are you doing - guilting me in to fixing the Lanc again!

If I do, I'm stripping it down to reduce the wing loading.

bfeist

Quote from: piker on September 16, 2013, 09:45:03 AM
The one on the Lakeshore is the same one that ended up at the Toronto Aerospace museum, that they were in the process of refurbishing before they got kicked out of Downsview.  It was always so interesting to speak with Alex Gray, the older gentleman who would hang around the museum and chat about his times flying the Lanc on the night raids on Berlin.

BTW, most you newer guys won't know about the times that we arranged to have the Hamilton Lancaster, B25, Beech 18, Stearman PT17, and Harvard, fly over our little electric fun fly's from 2004 to 2006.  It was so cool.  In fact, those of us who camped the night, were wakened by the sound of the Steerman one morning, then the Harvard another morning, ROARING down the runway at 7:30am.  It was awesome!

I have video footage somewhere of the B25 making its pass. What a beast. I'll see if I can dig it up.

piker

Ya.  They wouldn't bring the Lancaster down really low, but I recall the others doing an impressive, low pass just for little ol' us   :)

Frank v B

Simon,

Your personal repair staff is standing by to rebuild the Lancaster if you need help.  The usual shop at 142 Glenrose Ave. 8)

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Tomahawk

Quote from: piker on September 16, 2013, 09:45:03 AM

I miss those York Electric Fun fly's.  It was an annual must attend.  Great event including the Roast Beef dinner!

Chris