CL-415 group-build thread

Started by Michael, October 13, 2018, 04:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

electroflyer

Guys they look great!
Michael is just rocking this build.
I hope to start my wing next week, but I do not want to rush my build as I am enjoying the planning as well as building and do not want to forget something that I will not be able to deal with later when it is sealed up. For instance, I will be using mechanical linkages to activate flaps and ailerons and that takes a bit longer to setup.

Michael

Tail "bullet" fairing takes shape.

Michael

Michael

Mostly sanded smooth and to size/shape.

Michael

bweaver

I love the bullet fairing and your choice of materials!!!!

Michael

Rob, do we need decals/graphics?
Michael

Michael

Glenn, ...

Rob and I want to order graphics. Are you interested?
Michael

Michael

Michael

electroflyer

Yes I would be interested!

Michael

OK, Rob, order 3 sets please, but with different numbers, if possible.

Michael

octagon

Ok will get a quote and let you know. We want the numbers and the identification (C-GOxx) and the nose numbers. Should I ask her about the stripe?
What could possibly go wrong?

Michael

Michael

octagon

Got the servos in the wings, everything works and goes the way it is supposed to go. Nacelles are pretty much finished and I will sheet the top of the wing tomorrow (from the nacelles out, need to leave the centre section open to be able to add the wiring. I need to start working out what motors and ESCs I will use. Thinking maybe Eflite 15s turning a 3 bladed prop. 40 A ESC should be about right I think.

sihinch

Looks really nice Rob.

What do you think the finished flying weight will be? 7lbs or so?

octagon

Thanks Simon. As it sits now it is about 3 pounds. I have yet to sheet the top of the wings, but I don't want to do that until I have the motors and ESCs figured out.  Then I plan to fiberglass it and then paint after that. I am hoping it will come out at around 5 pounds without the batteries, so maybe 6 pounds flying weight?

Crazyflyer