World Models Outrageous EF-1

Started by thehaze, September 18, 2014, 09:02:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thehaze

Working on assembling my TWM Outrageous EF-1 Racer. Thanks to Ken Flueny for getting the project started for me and supplying the kit. Ken installed the rudder and stab for me and made sure everything is perfectly square. He also added some trim details to create a custom look. I've laid out all the parts and will start on gluing the aileron hinges and installing the servos. Here are some photos of the kit on my bench.

Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Andy Hoffer

Are there Velcro break-away seams on the stab, fin, wings and landing gear to soften bean landings?!    ;D

Andy

(Good luck on the build!)

battlestu

looking good... make sure you beef up that landing gear for when Glenn tries to pass you ;)
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

thehaze

Did some more work on it tonight. Electronics are installed, (Spektrum AR8000 Rx + Satellite, Spektrum TM1000 Telemetry unit with Voltage and temp sensors, Turnigy Sentry 60A ESC), installed elevator and rudder servos and linkages (2 JR MN48 mini servos). Will need to wait on the motor as the one I had is DOA, but the fuselage is ready. Tomorrow I'll install the aileron servos and links. Then all that's left is to add some "go fast stickers" as she's ready to rock.

Ededge2002

Just saying but I would consider adding some colour to that beauty. And I do not mean black. I had a silver and black plane and if it was overcast or the sun started to set I was flying a shadow!  Very tough to fly fast and low without some orientation markings.   
Good luck it looks like it will be fun!
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

sihinch

Don't listen to Ed, Mike. It'll be fine!  ;D

electroflyer

Does it have an emergency locator beacon? You may want to consider one for the landing gear....lol

Polecat

Looking good Mike, with the windy/rainy weather you will have it all finished this weekend.
Like the red checkers on the wing and racing number 12.

thehaze

All done and ready to rock. The rest of the build was pretty straight forward. Haven't had a chance to test fly it so tomorrow will be a trail by fire, wish me luck!

Polecat

Mike looks great!!! You will do fine tomorrow, there's lots of help.
See you at the field.

thehaze

Happy to report that the Outrageous flew several times around the course and while I still have to get it dialed in, it performed well. Need to deal with a ESC timing issue, and it tends to nose over on landings, but those issues will be corrected in due course.