Hangar 9 Blue Nose Build

Started by Gregor77, August 26, 2013, 11:46:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

Gregor77

Don't be. Carmen put the hammer down. All planes in basement. Lol. Some didn't fit between the bathroom and the door to the basement. So they can stay.

Ededge2002

Another of my greatest heroes succumbed to the demands of a woman.  Its a sad story but we have all been there.

Quote from: Gregor77 on September 02, 2013, 04:07:24 PM
Don't be. Carmen put the hammer down. All planes in basement. Lol. Some didn't fit between the bathroom and the door to the basement. So they can stay.
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

sihinch

My wife is encouraging me to build an aeroplane house in the garden!!!

imran13

Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

thehaze

I hate to break this to you Simon,  but that shed in the back yard isn't for planes... It's for you... 
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

imran13

Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

Papa

Over here it's called the Dog House, and it sounds like you're in it!

Welcome to the gang we're all in it most of the time.

Jack.
A motto to live by:
"What other people think of me is none of my business"

Ededge2002

Simon if you build it they will come. I would like a top bunk. How much is rent again?
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

electroflyer

Hi Greg,

Sorry I missed the maiden too. That landing photo looks great! Did you test the airplane with any aerobatics, or was it just a straight trimming/test flight?

Glenn

Gregor77

Back to the plane and moving away from the "dog" house comments.. lol!   By the way I have a used mattress from College that you can use Simon! lol!

Glenn, the plane was a trim and test flight, but I did one roll and no loop.  The rates on low could have been bumped up a bit.  I did not try the high rates.  Elevator was fine at low rate.  For taxi I used the high rates and it seemed fine.  I had no issue with nosing over and the grass was longer than normal.  I used 3S (series to 6S), 4000 and a 5 min flight I got 3.89 per cell. I rammed the batteries all the way in the nose.

As for the CG, it was just infront of the spare, maybe 4 mm.  But be very careful the wood infront of the spar can't support your weight and it will crack.  It would be helpful due to the size of the plane to have someone hold it for you while checking.  Thus the pictures of Ronnie and I.

Otherwise it flew great!