help? :)

Started by destinyy, July 24, 2004, 11:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

destinyy

Andre, Rob, might you or any of the other experienced pilots  be around TEMAC this wednesday by any chance?  Or any other day?  (I seem to recall something about Wednesday being a kind of magic day for new trainees )...  

I was thinking/hoping that perhaps someone skilled might be able to help me make sure my SS and TX are trimmed correctly and give me some expert pointers before my next flight.  

I had a feeling something wasn't perfect with it for a couple weeks so I made some adjustments this weekend but don't want to try 'flying' again until I've had someone knowledgeable look it over and help me make sure that the only thing that might cause me to crash again would be plain old pilot error!  As opposed to anything misaligned or adjusted in the plane or equipment.  

Originally I had a friend help me build but I don't think even he was that great (in retrospect) after I'd flown the stick a few times I realized some simple mods I could make that would probably help fix some of the things he'd had me do on the first build.  Now I THINK it's pretty good and all SEEMS well, but I'd love some PRO advice before the next flight out!  

Here she is, by the way.  And if the decals look odd, that's because I made my own.  They're just modified "transtech" symbols from an old series some of you may have watched as kids ... Transformers?  

http://destinyy.dynamip.com:88/destinyy/slowstick/3.jpg" border=0>

Oh, and I found a TX case!  Walmart ... $16, but it does the trick with some custom foam inserts in the lid to hold everything in place.  (I stuck my shiny new MAAC sticker on it, because I was so happy to get it!)

http://destinyy.dynamip.com:88/destinyy/slowstick/4.jpg" border=0>

Anyway I'll stop rambling now

// d //

Edited by - destinyy on 25 Jul 2004  01:22:57 AM

piker

Great looking tool box.  What a great price.  The Slow Stick looks cool too.

Actually, I am planning to go to TEMAC this Wednesday.  Last week Tracy (a fellow flyer who lives down the street from me) asked if I was interested in going.  

I'll be able to get there at around 6:30.  I'll post a confirmation here at about 5:45 on Wednesday, so you know for sure.  Or my cell # is 416-998-9724 if you'd like to confirm earlier.  Anyone else out there who'd like to come out is, of course, welcome.  Feel free to call.

I know Andre and Jim are going to TEMAC on a regular Wednesady basis, so I wouldn't be surprised if they're there too.

The evening is my prefered time to fly as the air is usually nice and still and the sun if behind us.

Robert

destinyy

Okie.  I'm going to plan to be out on Wednesday evening (assuming I don't get lost on the way or trapped behind a cow on a one-way country side-road in Beeton! (long story I'll share with ya'll sometime soon ).   I'll try to be there likely between 6:30 and 8pm.  

piker

I hope you'll be there before 8:00 !!! (if you can).  We want to have enough time for some flyin'

Robert

destinyy

I meant I can probably stick around UNTIL about 8(ish) or so.    I'm planning to arrive out there as near to 6:30pm as possible!

Edited by - destinyy on 26 Jul 2004  01:37:59 AM

piker

Nah.  Flying goes 'til dark and the mossies chase us away....then there's the after flying Tim's visit.  

the giant

I do intend to be out at the field tonight.  It is the night that is currently set aside in my schedule to do flight instruction.  My first official student, Jim, is progressing along well.  He can ROG, make good flying circuits and is progresing with landing skills (the toughest part of flying).

See you there,
Andre, the giant

destinyy

Sounds great!  And way to go, Jim! If the weather cooperates, I'll try and be down there too to say HI.

destinyy

Sorry for the crosspost .. wanted to make sure everyone read this.

Unfortunately I won't be able to be there tonight.  My production coordinator just informed me I have to have my creative team produce three commercial story boards by 3pm tomorrow afternoon so we'll be burning the midnight oil here.   ... I will be there Thursday though (the gods permitting!!!).    Crazy industry...

destinyy

Stop the presses!  I MIGHT be able to sneak out!   I'll see how it goes.  If you guys happen to still be there a little later (after 7:30pm) then there's still a chance I may yet see ya.  I'm TRYING to get out earlier but we shall see.  

piker

You have us spinning in circles !!!

We'll be there if you can make it.

Robert

Michael

The grass/weeds are somewhat long, but you can still fly and land no problem. The weather is nice now (Wed. late afternoon), but it may still be wet. Be careful driving in.

Michael
Michael

destinyy

HUGE thanks to Rob and Andre and the rest of the gang tonight for helping me get my SS all trimmed up!  Andre makes it all look so easy... but put me on the stick for 2 seconds and the plane heads straight for the ground LOL  ... Ah well, that's why I'm so greatful to have you folks to learn from along the way!  

Cheers you guys... it was great to meet you in person and I look forward to seeing some of ya'll again tomorrow!  

D.